Medical Science Liaison - ViiV
- YOUR TERRITORY WILL COVER BRONX, BROOKLYN, QUEENS, AND LONG ISLAND. YOU MUST LIVE NEAR A MAJOR AIRPORT*
- PharmD, or MD in a relevant field. Job related activities require extensive knowledge of pharmacology, pharmacotherapy and disease state management in humans.
- Acute focus and added experience in areas directly applicable to job responsibilities
- Possesses knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans and has experience practically applying this knowledge in a clinical setting.
- Clinical experience in situations where direct or indirect decision making authority for patient care was demonstrated (e.g. direct patient care, treatment protocol development, drug therapy guidelines development, traditional clinical pharmacy practice settings) or medical liaison experience.
- Demonstrated project management expertise
- Written and verbal communication skills as evidenced by authorship or co-authorship of at least one article published in a peer-reviewed journal and/or medically relevant communication and delivery of oral presentation at scientific conference, educational forum, and/or role as faculty/ speaker in educational capacity
- Residency and/or Post-doctoral training in a clinical practice/pharmaceutical industry setting.
- Extensive clinical experience in HIV.
Details:The Medical Science Liaison exists to meet the scientific needs of External Experts and other healthcare professionals, provide clinical development support to investigators conducting clinical trials, and provide regional scientific support for the sales organization.
- Internal Client Group
- Work with Medical to identify a limited number of External Experts in their assigned geographic regions
- Together with Medical and CSMO Leadership, design a plan to support External Experts
- Scientific Speaker for non-independent, VHL-sponsored programs for healthcare professionals
- Scientific presenter to Pharmacy & Therapeutics and formulary committees
- Facilitate, present at, or otherwise participate in VHL-sponsored Advisory Boards.
- Scientific trainer to the VHL sales representatives regarding VHL products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials
External Customer Base
- Meet with External Experts to gain an understanding of their views and appropriately inform about information relating to diseases of interest to VHL and VHL products
- To respond orally or provide appropriate written materials to unsolicited requests for on- or off-label information or safety concerns that may have been asked of VHL sales staff or Medical
- Medical Scientist may meet with HCP and other scientists about possible scientific opportunities of interest to VHL
- Medical Scientist may support clinical development activities by participating in the site identification and assessment process, addressing subject retention and other scientific issues in partnership with study management and monitoring
- Medical Scientist may also assist in the development of research project proposals, and forward them to appropriate Medical Affairs staff for funding consideration.
- The Medical Scientist may accept Investigator Support Studies (ISS) proposals for VHL products, and serve as a liaison for the potential investigator and VHL Medical Affairs.
- Medical Scientist acts as a trainer/developer of contracted speakers and provide ongoing scientific support
- Medical Scientist may attend scientific conventions to gather information on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to VHL or to address HCP's unsolicited questions regarding VHL products within the Medical Affairs/Scientific/Medical Information booth.
- LI GSK
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top