Medical Science Liaison - Victoria
Our mission is to improve the quality of lives by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We recognise this starts with our own highly talented team and we are committed to supporting, rewarding & developing them with a challenging and inspiring work place.
Due to rapid growth and our exciting respiratory product pipeline we have an opportunity to join our high profile and market leading Respiratory therapeutic area in Victoria as a Medical Science Liaison. This newly created role reports into the MSL Manager and will see you engaging with key Respiratory specialists to evaluate and share scientific research and provide education support. You will be part of a highly-motivated team focused on making a real and meaningful difference to delivering positive patient outcomes.
In this role you will:
• Build and develop relationships with external experts & health care professionals in the Respiratory field and participate in robust and transparent scientific dialogue;
• Respond to requests for scientific and medical information in a comprehensive, timely and customer focused manner;
• Facilitate presentations to nurses, GPs, Specialists and formulary committees;
• Provide medical input and expertise into the development of marketing strategy, promotional campaigns and collateral.
• Expand your knowledge in respiratory pharmacology, drug development, medicines regulation, pharmacoeconomics, and drug safety.
• Continue to develop and build an in-depth knowledge of the science and evidence relating to medicines, devices and other treatment options within the respiratory therapy area.
To be successful in this role you will be an excellent communicator with an ability to engage and present complex scientific material in a clear and concise manner. With a passion for your therapeutic area you will thrive in a customer interfacing role where your technical expertise will engender both trust and credibility.
Ideally, we are looking for the following:
• A relevant qualification in Science (MD or PhD preferred)
• Expertise/experience in the respiratory therapeutic area. (preferred)
• Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and relay complex scientific information.
• Comfort and confidence presenting to groups.
This role represents a great chance to showcase your scientific expertise and presentation skills in a fast paced and varied environment and to be part of a global business that is focussed and committed to helping people to feel better and live longer.
If you are looking for #careerswithpurpose please click on the link below to apply now.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
Qualification in Science (MD or PhD preferred)
Expertise/experience in the respiratory therapeutic area.
GlaxoSmithKline is bound by a global promise to keep patients' interests at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to driving innovation and best practice in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, leading with an ethical approach in all activities including access to medicines and reinvestment into the communities we operate in.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top