Medical Science Liaison - Respiratory
Respiratory therapeutic expertise
GlaxoSmithKline is bound by a global promise to keep patients' interests at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to driving innovation and best practice in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, leading with an ethical approach in all activities including access to medicines and reinvestment into the communities we operate in.
We are looking for a Medical Science Liaison for our high profile and market leading Respiratory therapeutic area. Reporting into the MSL Manager, the role will play a critical part in engaging with key Respiratory specialists with a focus on WA and SA territories to evaluate and share scientific research and provide education support.
Your responsibilities will be broad and will include
- Building and developing relationships with external experts & health care professionals in the Respiratory field and participating in robust and transparent scientific dialogue.
- Responding to requests for scientific and medical information in a comprehensive, timely and customer focused manner.
- Facilitating presentations to nurses, GPs, Specialists and formulary committees.
- Providing medical input and expertise into the development of marketing strategy, promotional campaigns and collateral.
- Expanding your knowledge in respiratory pharmacology, drug development, medicines regulation, pharmacoeconomics, and drug safety.
- Continuing to develop and build an in-depth knowledge of the science and evidence relating to medicines, devices and other treatment options within the respiratory therapy area.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant qualification in Science including but not limited to Pharmacy or Pharmacology.
- A PhD with expertise in the respiratory therapeutic area.
- Experience in a Medical Science Liaison role (preferred)
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and relay complex scientific information.
- Comfort and confidence presenting to groups.
- The ability to travel nationally on a frequent basis.
This role represents a great chance to showcase your scientific expertise and presentation skills in a fast paced and varied environment and to be part of a global business that is focussed and committed to helping people to feel better and live longer.
We are open on location for this role and would consider candidates from Perth, Melbourne, Sydney or Adelaide.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top