Medical Information Scientist
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- 1 year residency experience or 2 years post-graduate clinical/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Proof of pharmacist licensure required
- 5+ years experience in clinical practice setting in situations where direct and/or indirect decision making authority for patient care was demonstrated (e.g. direct patient care, treatment protocol development, drug therapy guidelines development, traditional clinical pharmacy practice settings) or within a pharmaceutical industry where medical information (e.g. drug information residency) is verbally shared with healthcare professions.
- Competencies to include: understanding of scientific literature analysis to support the provision of medical engagement through written or verbal communication with our medical services staff. Communication and presentation skills. Ability to work independently and manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Residency and/or post-doctoral training in a clinical practice/pharmaceutical industry setting
To meet the needs of healthcare providers through collaboration with internal business partners to ensure the delivery of accurate and scientifically balanced medical information and to respond to unsolicited inquiries from healthcare professionals (HCPs), including payers and managed healthcare organizations in a manner that will help them make a decision regarding therapy for a patient or product selection.
- Respond to unsolicited medical information questions through verbal or written channels from healthcare providers (HCPs) and payer and managed healthcare organizations by utilizing the highest level of scientific data so that healthcare providers globally are able to make informed clinical decisions about GSK products in a safe & efficacious manner while adhering to business policies and processes.
- Create and update standard medical information content on GSK products utilizing the highest level of evidence, critically evaluate the data with the focus that the information can be shared with healthcare providers by all GSK Local Operating Companies
- Create and update medical information payer content by collaborating and building a strong relationship with our partners (US Medical Affairs Leader, US Health Outcomes, Legal) so that payer and managed care organizations have the necessary resources they need to make decisions regarding GSK products.
- Plan the database by actively reviewing the data dissemination plan for new and relevant GSK data so that medical information content is updated proactively resulting in the most current information in medical information resources for colleagues (Medical Information Scientists, US Medical Affairs Leaders, Medical Affairs Field Liaisons) to share with HCPs regarding GSK products.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs Field Liaisons to create topic specific presentations as requested by HCPs to share new information regarding a GSK product/disease state or help fulfill knowledge gaps.
- Collaborate with internal business partners (e.g., Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs Field Liaisons and Commercial) to ensure the provision of medical information such as promotional materials, speaker presentations, and field training materials related to a GSK product or related disease state for medical accuracy and scientific balance is accurate and scientifically balanced during the promotional review process.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs, US Health Outcomes, Medical Affairs Field Liaisons and Commercial to prepare for the launch of a new product (e.g., creation of a medical information database, dossiers, therapeutic slide deck, promotional materials, trainings of MS colleagues and speaker trainings)
- Primary Medical Affairs sign off for the review of promotional materials
- Contribute actively in a Therapeutic Area Team to discuss strategic priorities of GSK product(s), to ensure appropriate resources (e.g., medical information content) are available to meet the priorities, and to present current trends based on fulfillment of medical information content.
- Actively participate in Medical Information Workstreams to develop best practices, ways of working and continuous development and improvement for Medical Information deliverables.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top