Medical Affairs Manager ViiV
Education: Medical Doctor, Degree in Medicine (desirable)
Experience: Clinical practice, Scientific Research, Presentation Skills, Teaching (desirable), Marketing (desirable)
Fluent English (oral and written)
Work with a PC (including navigation in WWW and search for medical information)
Business knowledge: Understands the commercial dynamics and economic influences on prescriber's decision making and maintains an acute awareness of the business
Clinical knowledge: Displays a comprehensive knowledge of drug clinical development process, policies and regulations
Communication and presentation skills: Displays the ability to transfer scientific knowledge by demonstrating highly effective oral communication/presentation skills in ways that are useful to individuals and groups, internally and externally.
Relationship building: Must have the ability to develop and build relationship with KOLs and other customers and use those in collaboration with sales and marketing colleagues, External Affairs
Project management: Excellent skills across a diverse portfolio of products and complex relationships, to exacting deadlines and high standards and requirements;
Critical thinking: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
I. Medical Governance
- Providing implementation and maintenance of a system of Medical Governance in the local operating company to ensure all ViiV HC Medical, Promotional staff (Marketing and Field Force) applies to every day work the generally recognized principles of good medical science, medical integrity, ethics and standards
- Conducting medical and ethical expertise of all ViiV HC marketing campaigns and promotional materials, produced/delivered locally
- Active participation in the Promotional Team work, providing medical input into brand/product strategy
- Providing regular medical training and updates related to ViiV HC and competitive products to the Promotional personnel.
- Challenging competitors' claims and defending ViiV HC promotional materials when challenged
III. Key Opinion Leaders Development and Scientific Communications
- Generating and maintenance of collegial relationship with KOLs and HCPs being seen as a valuable, credible resource of medical/scientific expertise
- Developing selected HCPs into ViiV HC speakers and KOLs
- Initiation and medical support to Advisory Boards of external experts
- Providing medical support at the National and key Regional Congresses
- Developing or review and approval of educational programs to healthcare professionals
- Providing evaluated information, analyses or medical expertise in response to inquiries about ViiV HC products and related subjects from external and internal customers
- Developing and maintaining medical information collections/databases
- Review and approval of the standard responses to medical information enquiries, prepared by GSK Med Info Specialists
- Planning, review and editing of scientific publications
- Evaluating new clinical data and providing literature appraisals (Medical Comments)
- Providing medical information for ViiV HC Intranet and Internet Web sites supported by ViiV HC
- Continuous communication with relevant GSK MDC, GCO, GHO, GCS, GCSP
- Attending appropriate National and International Congresses for continued professional development, as well as to represent ViiV HC and enhance the development of relationships with KOLs.
IV. Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacovigilance
- Providing medical input into country Product Information updates (to ensure that the country PI' wording remains within the spirit of GDS wording)
- Providing support to NSC/PRP in the management of human safety information
V. Clinical Operations
- Providing contribution to development of the local clinical study proposals
- Review, approval and coordination of the Collaborative Research Trials (CRTs)
- Contributing to feasibility process in R&D studies
- Study documents translation review/approval
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top