Medical Affairs Manager - Southern and South Africa
MBBS with Post Graduate qualification in pediatrics/ microbiology/pharmacology or public health research experience.
- Research experience ideally in paediatrics, immunology, epidemiology/ infectious disease or public health
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, local language
- Experience of presenting scientific topics at different settings
- A sound understanding of the principle and practice of ICH-GCP and internal SOPs.
- Experience in the conduct and medical monitoring of clinical studies.
- Well- demonstrated ability to understand scientific methods and experimental design.
Improving accessibility to GSK vaccines in South and Southern Africa
- Understanding of SA & SnA demographics, Health care delivery systems (Public, Private, Insurance, Autonomous Institutions), Immunization Program (vaccination schedule, AEFI, cold chain, New vaccine introduction, etc), National Programs associated with Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- Clarity in concepts of Epidemiology, Health Economics and Clinical Research/Trials
- Knowledge of relevant Health related Professional Societies within sub region
- Updated on guidance from Regional WHO, NRAs, State Health Department; etc
- Understanding of Regional / National epidemiological profile of current / future vaccine preventable diseases like Rotavirus Diarrhea; Pneumonia; Hepatitis A; Varicella; Pertussis; Meningitis; Rabies; Cervical Cancer; Dengue; Malaria; Tuberculosis; etc
- Knowledge of 'Who's who' (experts / Institutions) conducting or have potential to conduct epidemiological / clinical research
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide scientific and technical expertise of the highest standards for local medical information, including interactions with Key External Experts (KEEs) and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Provide medical and scientific input and information for business strategy for SA & SnA region
- Develop and sustain credible networking with appropriate Health Care Practitioners (HCP)
- Plan, facilitate and conduct CMEs, symposia, trainings, workshops, scientific meetings, speakers tours, and other product specific campaigns and deliver scientific presentations with consistent messages for key products at these meetings, as required.
- Support and deliver scientific presentations with consistent "on label" messages at Standalone Promotional Meetings (SPM) planned by Business colleagues.
- Understand principles of, and support Scientific Engagement (SE) activities as per Medical Plans. Have clarity in understanding on Scientific Engagements and Promotional Code
- Become an expert in at least 2 vaccine preventable diseases where GSK have brands and support all associated activities related to those brands
- Be updated on scientific knowledge on vaccine preventable diseases; GSK vaccines and its PI to ensure its 'On Label' communications on various platforms
- Review and approve promotional, non-promotional and training materials in compliance with GSK policies and local regulations.
- Support in feasibility assessment of potential research sites, develop concept notes, proposals, budgets, data collection and monitoring tools for field studies.
- Provide medical inputs into development and execution of brand strategy
- Provide prompt and substantiated medical information responses to medical queries.
- Provide marketing with new scientific information on products, competitors, opportunities and/or therapeutic areas for possible incorporation into promotional materials
Clinical R&D Activities: Support in study planning, protocol review, site feasibility, regulatory approvals; medical monitoring and publications as deemed appropriate, of clinical studies on vaccines phase I – IV and PMS in studies sponsored by GSK. Be prepared to take up Local Medical Monitoring roles as required across SSA.
Pharmacovigilance: Support Named Safety contact in strengthening of Vaccine Pharmacovigilance; ensure self learning so as to take up the role of NSC / Back up NSC in future as need be.
- Keep up to date with new developments
- Ability to both provide and receive constructive feedback
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues
- Share knowledge with other team members
- Work as part of a team to reach common goals
- Deliver creative ideas for continuous improvement
- Develop good relationships with key opinion leaders
- Help realize the full medical value of prescription drugs
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Preference will be given to candidates in line with the GSK SA and GSK Consumer Healthcare Equity Plan.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top