Medical Affairs Manager (Pharma)
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
Field Based Medical Affairs: Field Based Medical Affairs includes Medical Science Liaisons, Health Outcomed Liaisons and Scientific Liasons. They work with providers, payers and medical institutions to provide medical support and information and to gain a deep understanding of medical needs.
Medical Affairs: Healthcare professionals, payers, and patients need to be heard and understood, with access to high quality, relevant, timely and fair-balanced medical and health economic information to ensure that informed decisions are made to drive the best possible patient care. Medical Affairs ensures that the medical needs of our customers are considered in all that we do, consistent with GSK Values. Medical Affairs is responsible for deeply understanding the customer and the environment from a medical perspective so that they can ensure the clinical and economic data being developed will provide the greatest oppotunity for the appropriate patients and to provide comemrcial with a deeper understanding of the medical relevance of the data generated. Medical Affairs is responsible for Phase 3b and 4 evidence generation, external and scientific engagement and internal medical advice on our medicines and the marketplace from a medical perspective
Medical and Clinical: Evaluates the efficacy and safety of drugs in human clinical studies. (Phases I to IV) involving patient interaction and/or research, consulting, bench work and/or analysis. Provides medical expertise to ensure the proper development of new products and the optimal positioning and promotion of existing products.
A. To work with commercial and regulatory team for medical and strategic support in the defined therapeutic area business
- Contribute to strategic business planning as one of the clinical representatives at Clinical/Commercial/Regulatory (CCR) meetings, Quarterly Brand Review (QBR) meetings, etc
- Collaborates with marketing and regulatory teams to support product registration and marketing
- Support product launches and other lifecycles management marketing activities
- Expand and cultivates KEEs network
- Consolidate the network with AP medical in the defined therapeutic area
B. To work with commercial team for other medical affairs job in the defined therapeutic area
- Conduct internal and external scientific presentation related to GSK products and strategies e.g. RTDs, workshops, etc
- Assist product manager in conducting symposia (e.g. local/foreign speaker arrangement, suggesting topic, preparing slide material, fact sheet, etc)
- Support KEEs and their presentations at conference and GSK sponsored symposia
- Assist with development, preparation and implementation of training program for internal and external audiences
- Participates in Local Advisory Boards to support the defined therapeutic area business as appropriated
- Participate in external medical conferences, both local and international
C. Provide expert medical support for medical information/enquiries (scientific papers) including slide material
- Provide medical information support including off-label information
- Authors and/or assist in the preparation of manuscripts for publication and abstracts for meetings and conferences, and journal publications
D. To manage a clinical research in the defined area therapeutic responsibility
- Play a proactive role in identifying and developing research strategies and opportunities
- Assist with the choice of investigators/KOLs for country sponsored/regional sponsored studies
- Review the medical appropriateness of all research proposal, in particular investigator initiated study proposal
- Coordinate medical/technical input from Central on research proposal
- Assist the clinical research group to develop appropriate protocols to support research proposal, particularly investigator initiated studies
- Review and provide medical approval of all research reports and future publications, when required
E. Assist with review of promotional material according to GSK LSOP and promotion code and other relevant code/guidelines
- Review and provide medical guidance on development of promotional material
- Assist medical director/ associate medical director in reviewing promotional material
- Assist with the management of safety and pharmacovigilance
- As a back-up named safety contact
- Ensure that products safety reporting timelines are met
- Identify AEs reported in locally published literature
F. Assist with regulatory team in order to ensure the approval process/evaluation of GSK products are appropriate to the timelines or even faster than timelines
- Provide advice and medical review of data submission, as required
- Provide scientific support/presentation to local FDA and National Committee for drug evaluation if needed
- Develop relationship/partnership with local FDA and National Committee for drug evaluation
- Work closely with KEEs in conducting scientific meeting with local FDA/National Committee for drug evaluation
- Formal Education : Medical Doctor
- Knowledge : Medical Knowledge
- Skill : Good Technical & Professional Knowledge, Good English, Proficiency in basic MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Personal qualification : Good communication skill
Strong Interpersonal skill, Proactive and Teamwork (Business Partnership), Business acumen, Innovative and Creative, Customer Service Orientation.
- High level of integrity
Experiences (Pengalaman kerja) :
Minimum 3 years professional experience with the same position in pharmaceutical industry
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top