Medical Affairs Associate, Vaccines - Student Intern
This is a 1 year Student Intern contract with a start date of January 2018
- University Science degree. Working towards an advanced post-graduate degree in the sciences (Biology, Pharmacology, etc.)
- Strong research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interface with external, internal and GSK international customers in a matrix environment (responsiveness, "can-do" attitude, tact, ability to facilitate group meetings).
- Innovative, solution-based thinker. If given step 1 and 2, demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity and build upon what is needed and known. Clarify and ask questions. Demonstrated ability to determine and take next steps. Accountable for results.
- Entrepreneurial (strategic mindset), creative, persuasive individual who works well in a team environment.
- Results oriented with proven ability to shift priorities at short notice and work to demanding deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative, lead projects
- Results oriented with a proven ability to prioritize work and meet challenging deadlines.
- Clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills. Well developed communication skills including listening, summarizing, probing, clarifying
- Strong computer skills to work with various databases and MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- University degree in Health Sciences preferred.
- Specific training in clinical research or medical information would be an asset, but is not required.
Required Skills: Research/Analytical & Project Management
We are searching for resourceful, decisive, innovative team players to add value to Canada's premier pharmaceutical company. If you are an energetic, career-minded professional with a passion for leadership, a focus on solutions, and a commitment to outstanding performance, we invite you to apply to our exciting and rewarding role.
NOTE: Therapy Area flexibility will be required to meet evolving business needs.
In this position you may participate in:
Research / Analytical
- Be an active member of a therapeutically aligned Medical Affairs team and assist in the development and execution of local medical strategies.
- Contribute to the development and advancement of Medical deliverables by providing scientific support for therapy area products
- Participate on cross-functional therapy area teams, as appropriate, to identify local data gaps.
- Strategically monitor new literature and GSK global publications strategy and ensure timely alerts and internal stakeholder communications
- Support Scientific Advisors in pooling scientific evidence related to disease area, product situational scan and competitive landscape
- Assist with report writing and coordination of publications and medical writing to support data dissemination activities
- Support the development of fair, scientifically balanced presentations and written materials to address customer needs (sales training, etc).
- Support Health Outcomes team with evidence generation tactics and formulary submissions to reimbursement bodies
- Assist with the planning and execution of local research studies (investigator-sponsored studies and GSK sponsored studies led by Medical Affairs, including health outcomes studies).
- Assist with the planning and execution of Advisory Boards
- Advance other projects to support Medical Affairs activities (i.e., issue management, special projects, literature search, formulary submission, etc).
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top