Marketing Manager - GSK
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a leading science-led healthcare company, with a proud history in Australia dating back to 1886. Our mission is to improve the quality of lives by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Preventing and treating disease is challenging and inspiring work. We support, develop and reward the people that make-up our talented workforce. Our diverse business is made up of two distinct areas: Pharmaceuticals (including vaccines) and Consumer Healthcare (with leading household brands such as Panadol, Voltaren, Sensodyne & Nicabate).
GSK Consumer Healthcare is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products, with our products reaching over a 1 billion consumers. We're passionate about building the world best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company with a focus on quality, backed by our product science.
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic and accomplished Marketing Manager to lead a sizable portfolio which includes our NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) and Skin Health products and to take on a leadership and coaching role within our marketing team.
Our NRT and Skin Health portfolio includes two of GSK's core brands, Nicabate and Zovirax. This large & diverse portfolio will provide you the opportunity to launch new products into the market as well as set the portfolio strategy for 2018 and beyond. Working with the Head of Marketing, Skin/Respiratory/GastroIntestinal A&NZ, your key responsibilities include,
- Set the Brand Strategy: Develop winning consumer driven Market Activation Plans which delivers a step change in brand performance
- Implement Insights: Identify fresh and penetrating insights and apply these successfully across aspects of the brand strategy & execution
- Influence Global Strategy: Work closely with Global partners to contribute to global brand strategy and understand and assess how it can translate into winning local strategy
- Set Positioning: Activate a differentiated brand positioning that is delivered consistently across every touch point to build brand equity.
- Lead Connections Plans: Deliver impactful and integrated connections plans which brings the consumer experience to life across all touch points to drive behaviour change and category/brand growth
- Deliver Sales Results: Play an active part in delivering accurate forecasting (sales & A&P), monitoring consumption, tracking financial performance for brand vs key metrics and identify plans to correct performance gaps.
- Demonstrate Leadership: Support & guide development of SBM/BM/ABMs in team working together with Marketing Heads to ensure they are achieving KPIs.
You will be an accomplished marketer with experience in developing portfolio and brand strategy at a Marketing Manager level within the FMCG or similar market.
You will have sound commercial acumen, with the ability to interpret and analyse data to make recommendations based on trends, insights and reports. The successful individual will be a passionate and confident marketer with lots of initiative, have strong coaching and leadership skills and be adept at working collaboratively across a matrix organisation.
This role offers the chance to work closely with senior management both locally & globally in setting the long term strategy for the portfolio. GSK offers many opportunities for personal development and career progression as both a Pharmaceutical and Consumer Healthcare business with a large footprint globally. To become part of our team and develop a rewarding career, please apply online. Alternatively contact Janelle Williams for a confidential discussion on 0449 953 031
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top