186900 Production/Manufacturing Operations
Perform duties as assigned with respect to quality, timeliness, quantity and cost. Work individually and as a team to deliver cGMP compliant product. Adhere to GSK policies, procedures and support site goals. Complete documentation in line with regulatory, GSK, and departmental requirements. Work and communicate closely with other departments both inside and outside of the Value Stream.
Train and mentor less experienced staff. Work with minimal supervision and coordinate complex tasks between departments. Oversee and coordinate equipment related task and issues. Demonstrate ability to cross train in multiple disciplines across the Value Stream and participate in cross functional teams.
- Responsible for application of GSK safety and environmental guidelines and act as a role model within the department. Ensure all job responsibilities are in compliance with applicable regulations, current operating procedures and industry practice. Identify and help mitigate EHS and safety risks. Hazardous waste training depending on specific requirements of VS department.
- Ensure all activities are executed following quality and regulatory standards. Supports cross-functional communication and the GSK quality mindset by proactively identifying and reporting compliance issues to area supervisor or QA. Work with supervisor and QA to mitigate identified issues.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement, and LEAN initiatives. Recognize technical issues and relay to supervisor.
- Represent GSK with the highest level of integrity and professionalism. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Adhere to GSK policies and procedures and support management decisions and goals in a professional manner. Show awareness of changing schedules, request and priorities put forth by management.
- The following GSK values and expectations are key behavioral characteristics for this role: Patient Focus, Transparency, Respect, and Integrity, Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork
- Bachelor's degree or High School Diploma/equivalent and 1 to 2 years of cGMP/healthcare/lab related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving/taking information in person, in writing, or over the phone. Understanding of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
- Understanding of weights and volume measures as well as a general knowledge of bioburden control techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical field
Other Job-Related Skills/Background
- Perform manufacturing/cleaning/sampling/processing steps in coordination with other manufacturing/QA/QC personnel
- Handling of hazardous waste from production activities to satellite storage areas. Annual training on area-specific hazardous waste handling as required. This training satisfies annual RCRA training requirement for large quantity generators and is part of the site's RCRA compliance program.
- Maintain and review training forms and files
- Participate in RCA for EHS incident and deviations
- Participate in presenting and maintaining site in a state of inspection readiness
- Responsible for participation/writing/closure of CAPA tasks both safety and quality related
- Perform duties as per written procedures and maintain strict adherence to those procedures
- Ask for assistance and do not perform duties without appropriate training
- Attend all mandatory training and take a positive approach to compliance
- Work both independently and in a team environment
- Adapt to changing schedules, priorities, and requests from supervisor
- Escalate issues and concerns (safety, quality, production) to supervisor
- Understand and adhere to cGMP requirements
- Independently operate production equipment per appropriate procedures
- Participate in all aspects of team functions and employ bioburden control techniques
- Identify and assist in mitigation of safety issues
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top