Manager US Vaccines Communications - External
The External Communications Manager for the US Vaccines business will drive the execution of the overall external communications strategy by developing the content and managing the processes necessary to support an effective external media relations and social media presence for GSK Vaccines in the US.
In this exciting new role:
• You will support the US Director, Vaccines Communications with the execution of external communications activities focused on three priority commercial areas for the business and the above brand positioning.
• Manage the day-to-day aspects of communications and media relations efforts, with a focus on social media, liaising with patient spokespeople and external NPO partners and management of GSK tools/systems, including approval and documentation of materials and other collateral
• Develop content and programs for GSK Vaccines on GSK's social media presence, including work with patient spokespeople, for above brand campaign
• Assist with the development of the annual external communications strategy and planning for the US Vaccines business' three brand priorities, inclusive of social media campaigns
• Responsible for designing monthly social media and patient spokespeople engagement plans to support the commercial objectives and the external communications strategies and objectives
• Manage the approval processes of content for media relations (press releases, Q&A, reactive statements) and social media posting (GSK social priorities, video)
• With external Communications Director, ensure effective programming and pull-through of US Vaccines above-brand campaigns
• Manage an editorial content calendar to ensure smooth timelines for development, approval and posting in concert with US brand and digital communications colleagues
• Support the development of external spokespeople's social media presence (eg. LinkedIn) and external speaking events/appearances with content and message development
• Partner and liaise with global digital and product communications team members as well as US internal communications on developing hybrid (both internal/external) content (eg videos, photo essays, patient testimonials)
• Cultivate and build strong, positive relationships with commercial teams and Vaccines leadership and key stakeholders and with communications partners.
• Help manage external agency partners including PR agency of record
• Bachelors degree in Communications, English, Business, Healthcare or other relevant discipline
• 5 years of communications related experience including the pharmaceutical industry
• Proven communications track-record, especially experience in new media (e.g. video, digital, storytelling/infographics)
• Pharmaceutical knowledge, preferably in vaccines
• Brand, culture and engagement work
• Patient advocacy and consumer engagement
• Launch and/or employee communications planning and execution
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills with multiple and diverse stakeholders
• Strategic and creative thinker who knows how to construct compelling stories that will resonate with both internal/external audiences and can manage a deliberate development process, including strong project management skills
• Proven experience developing content across a range of platforms and media (digital-friendly, visual/storytelling style, such as videos and infographics); versatility in creating both branded and unbranded content and willingness to innovate
• Logistics and organization skills, eg, background in designing, planning and executing large meetings for internal audiences, with attention to detail and the full audience-experience
• Good knowledge, insight and understanding of the vaccines space and/or adult consumer category and the operating environment of GSK's growing vaccines business.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top