Manager, US Customer Service
• Manage all order to cash processes, staff, and the order flow for the entire $2.4 US consumer business to meet corporate and customer requirements. Responsible for all day-to-day order management activities which includes work with EDI, interface with Sales, Customers, CPFR, Supply Chain and Distribution operations to meet and exceed customer expectations and be fully compliant with GSK standards. Manager is accountable for operational excellence, cost effectiveness, optimization E2E, Quality, Audits, Business Continuity, Standard work and Financial compliance. Lead team in the execution of agreed upon customer supply chain and logistics strategic plans.
• Additionally, serve as the area of expertise for execution of trade activities relating to the order-to-delivery process. Integrate with Sales and Customer operations and CPFR to drive order /deduction management strategies designed to meet or exceed sales volume targets by customer and business. The Manager will foster and embed a high performing team culture, GSK IPT practices and expectations.
• Oversee and manage all order to cash processes and accountability for specific account channels of responsibility.
• Establish external focus by developing relationships at both operating and senior higher levels at key customers along with CPFR (where supported) to drive and influence decisions with key customers. Attend customer and team meetings and support relationships at key customers and with sales teams as required. Empower team to develop relationships with their counterparts within their key customers.
• Manage an environment of compliance, ensuring that procedures and processes are in place that ensures a high level of compliance with internal GSK requirements, external regulatory requirements and customer compliance programs such as WERCS. Raise Customer Service financial risks to the finance team and North American Quality Council.
• Responsibility for all revenue cycle processing (orders, claims, deductions, returns, adjustments) to ensure timely and accurate execution and to manage and mitigate key risk areas (Sarbanes Oxley controls revenue cycle controls).for responsible accounts. Manage end to end deduction, claims and fines processes resulting from more stringent customer requirements.
• Maintain and manage the Third Party Customer Service Statement of Work and CPFR/Customer Service centralized budget activity.
• Align Customer Service systems and reports to the agreed upon customer supply chain strategies. Work closely with System and reporting roles to define reporting needs.
• Ensure integrity of relevant order processing system (Commercial Enterprise Resource Planning Solutions - CERPS) information; including customer item Maps, Customer Master File and Promotional and pricing information is up to date and applied correctly.
• Accountable to lead and develop processes for trade order to cash activities with sales teams and customer strategy.
• Integrate the agreed upon Supply Chain Strategies into the daily order management activities. Champion Department Accelerating Delivery Performance (ADP) projects as needed.
• Support and facilitate personnel development to meet career aspirations; including coaching, Training PDP discussions, and talent reviews for team of of 7+ Customer Service Professionals and functional responsibilities including EDI, compliance, System reporting and material determination and deduction associates. .
• Identify industry standards and best in class practices for customer service operations and drive team activities with the goal of providing best in class services. Attend share groups as appropriate.
5+ years of Customer Supply Chain, Compliance and Systems leadership experience
• Strong knowledge base in order entry and reporting systems. Direct experience required (SAP).
• Excellent analytical skills (i.e., statistics, trend analyses, scenario evaluations, cost benefit analysis).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal/mentoring skills.
• Direct experience working with supply chain systems and ad-hoc software a plus. (SAP)
• Demonstrated negotiation/facilitation/project management skills
• Operational Excellence Green Belt or Accelerating Delivery Performance Leader preferred
• Experience working with Budgets and P&L activity
• Some travel required
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top