Manager, Trade & Pharmacy
Develop, influence, lead & execute a winning channel strategy that contributes to sales and profit measures.
Develop and maintain key B2B relationships with key trade partners (distributors, wholesalers, pharmacy chains) that will generate positive impact to the GSK business.
• Formulate strategy, risk management, customer and organizational priorities for B2B channel development across the entire GSK portfolio
• Build GSK's business-to-business operating framework and governance to maximize business opportunities, and deliver on customer expectations while ensuring full compliance as provincial and federal regulatory environments change
• Create the opportunities for GSK to leverage its scale in trade and pharmacy
• Enable the development and implementation of commercial processes that are more effective for GSK and wholesalers/distributors and that will generate positive impact to the GSK business
• Expand GSK's business with large, strategically important pharmacy chain and banner accounts, leveraging the breadth of the portfolio and resources to achieve both GSK and customer objectives
• Facilitate the development and implementation of commercial programs in pharmacies, i.e., Vaccination programs, Pharmacy education etc.
• Manage the partnership relationship with the customers across all on-going initiatives including Annual operational reviews including Terms & Conditions, Credit Terms, & Policies (returns)
• Partner with Customer Service on customer coordination and communication relative to any issues/opportunities in trade and pharmacy, i.e., Product recalls, Shortages, Inventory management, New products/SKUs, Special requests/needs, etc.
• Attend external meetings to identify trends and opportunities in the trade and pharmacy environment and translate them into tangible insights/foresights
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the Pharma Industry with broad healthcare business knowledge; experience across or working within several functional areas an asset
• Demonstrate strong customer focus (e.g.. Proactively achieving win/win solutions)
• Entrepreneurial, pioneering mindset with demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovate and manage change
• Demonstrated ability to recommend and support the implementation of innovation, high-impact strategic initiatives and business development opportunities
• Demonstrated record of success in key account management; prior trade, pharmacy chain and banner account management experience is an asset
• Ability to analyze large volumes of complex information, interpret & construct straightforward plans
• Confident and capable of communicating and operating at all levels of the business
• Ability to cultivate and manager external relationships
Experience in the generic sector; consumer goods experience would be an asset
• University degree in Science, Health Sciences or Business (Graduate studies in Management, is an asset)
Do more, Feel Better, Live Longer!
RESPECT - TRANSPARENCY - INTEGRITY - PATIENT FOCUS
GSK journey begins and ends with our vision: Focusing where the patient need is greatest and the science is most fertile, we will work to accelerate delivery of innovative new products to patients and make decisions
to drive the greatest benefit for all. Our healthcare solutions will enable people to live life to its fullest, allowing them and their communities to prosper. We will challenge ourselves to raise the bar - endeavoring to increase our commercial return, enhance scientific excellence, strengthen customer relationships, tell our story and positively impact our communities. Applying our values to make the right choice, the right decision. Always keeping the patient at the heart of our actions and decisions.
We are on a mission to improve millions of lives and we need future leaders to make it happen. Bring your skills, curiosity and commitment and we'll help you develop to take on the world's biggest healthcare challenges. Part of GSK's Strategic priorities is to invest in People! Are you the next employee that GSK will invest in?
You are looking for a challenging long term career; you are looking for national and international career opportunities. If you are willing to be relocated in another province and country, GSK is waiting for you!
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top