Manager, Team Lead - Full Service Outsourcing (CRO/ARO)
- Bachelor's Degree – Life Science or Business
- Minimum: 5 years' experience within Pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience within the Pharmaceutical Industry coupled with detailed knowledge and experience of the clinical drug development processes as they pertain to CRO and Full Service Outsourcing including but not limited to the following discipline areas Project Management, Study Start-up, Clinical Conduct, Clinical Monitoring, Study Close Out, Data Management, and Statistics and may include but is not limited to Safety, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Monitoring, Medical Writing, Regulatory, IVRS, Investigational Medicinal Product, Ancillary Supplies, Intellectual Property Depots, Pack, Label and Shipping.
- Leadership and/or managerial experience. Demonstrates leadership in the creation and development of a high performance culture and driving best practices.
- MBA or Master's degree in a scientific discipline
- 10 years' experience within R&D Pharmaceutical – Clinical
- A proven track record of contract management or business/proposal development (RFI's, RFP's, and Competitive Bidding) coupled with experience of developing, negotiating and executing contracts/agreements in line with the business requirements.
- Demonstrates networking and influencing skills, has the ability to build global relationships (cross culturally) at all levels internally and externally. Works effectively in cross-functional matrix teams and has experience of leading such teams.
- Possesses a clear understanding of risk management. Ability to proactively identify potential risk areas in a given task, categories the level of risk and create mitigation plans to discharge risk.
- Evidence of Enterprise Thinking in recognizing the need to remove inefficiencies/waste from current processes. Demonstrates creativity through translating new ideas into tangible results.
- An established record of delivery of outsourcing strategies. Comfortable determining when a strategy is required to overcome an issue (problem-solving/ conflict resolution) and experience in stakeholder management.
- Experience in developing people and coaching.
- Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Knowledge of GCP would be beneficial
- Experience of working with CROs, AROs, HCP/HCO's would be beneficial.
The Third Party Resourcing Clinical Global Outsourcing Management (TPR CGOM) team has accountability for the contractual aspects of all outsourcing undertaken across a growing area of R&D. The team works in close partnership with GSK's Strategic Partners (PPD and Parexel) along with Business Units, Therapeutic Area Units, Discovery Performance Units (DPUs), R&D Procurement, R&D Finance along with other preferred or non-preferred Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) or Academic Research Organizations (AROs) suppliers.
Through effective management of supplier relationships and close partnership with R&D stakeholders the CGOM Full Service Outsourcing (FSO) Team is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationship. We are seen as the Subject Matter Experts and influencers of how Full Service Outsourcing work is representation from the Protocol to the Statement of Work.
Identification of synergies across the external provider network coupled with flawless execution of operational activities is also critical to success.
Managers in CGOM are senior members of the CGOM team and have significant experience of supply base development within their area of expertise. Managers in CGOM are viewed as key to proactively developing and delivering creative outsourcing strategies in their respective disciplines whilst driving consistency with respect to outsourcing partners across the global team. They regularly challenge their immediate working environment and the wider business exploring opportunities and looking for ways to influence, building relationships with key business partners at all levels along the way. The expectation for this position will be to lead a small team of direct reports.
Principal Accountabilities of the Manager, Team Lead – Full Service Outsourcing (CRO/ARO), Clinical Global Outsourcing Management (CGOM), Full Service Outsourcing Team, Third Party Resourcing (TPR):
Effective operational delivery of outsourcing to bring value to GSK
- Manage the day-to-day global business interactions between TPR CGOM, our GSK Business partners (PTS/PCPS Project Teams, Procurement, Finance, Legal, Quality) and external providers to provide expert outsourcing advice and support in order to effectively execute contracts that are robust, timely and add significant opportunity for value generation to the business whilst minimizing risk.
- Define joint working practices with TPR's business partners to ensure the Technical and Quality related aspects of outsourcing are met (including Due Diligence and Oversight requirements). Build robust partnerships with all members of these teams to ensure respective team roles and responsibilities are understood by all (including external partners) and that an effective, harmonized approach to supporting outsourcing is created and adhered to.
Effective development and delivery of outsourcing strategies to bring value to GSK
- In partnership with key stakeholders proactively lead, influence, develop fit-for-purpose and implement outsourcing strategies and critically evaluate these against GSK business requirements to ensure objectives are met, developing contingency plans and proposing alternative strategies as appropriate in order to support the major platforms' activities in PCPS.
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills and ability to successfully influence senior managers both internal to GSK and externally (eg. CROs/AROs).
Build and maintain strong relationships with our external providers
- Develop robust relationships with our strategic suppliers whilst maintaining the highest level of professional and ethical conduct, educating suppliers on the mechanics of doing business with GSK.
- Define, track and evaluate metrics to ensure supplier performance and deliverables meet the requirements of projects. Define and implement strategies to improve consistency, efficiency and quality with suppliers as needed.
Demonstrate leadership in the development of a high performing culture.
- Provide support to other members of the team to optimize the global resource. Ensure direct reports effectively meet all GSK managerial obligations including ASMART objective setting, assessment of development needs and performance monitoring ensuring detailed plans are established for all. Act as a coach/mentor to support individuals' career development aspirations.
Continuous Improvement / Enable and Drive Change
Looks to use knowledge to proactively identify new opportunities and holding self accountable for delivering goals. Drives change constantly, never satisfied. Takes the heat of resistance.
Continuously developing self and supporting others by acting as a teacher, coach and mentor towards others. Provide regular quality feedback that helps others to learn and grow their capability. Gets results through others.
Building trustful relationships based on integrity. Being open and empathetic, seeing things through the eyes of others.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 4th May 2017
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top