Manager Production Night Shift
- Bio Engineer or University degree in sciences or equivalent acquired through experience
- Knowledge of GMP for biological products and manufacturing requirements (material flow, cleaning methods…)
– Knowledge on assembly processes with multiple materials and options, able to translate complex variations in simple workable sequential instructions for employees
- Strong command of English and/or French and a willingness to achieve fluency in both
- knowledge of root-cause analysis tool (Ishikawa, 5 Whys, ...) is recommended. - Complementary training in logistical flux management / Supply would be an asset.
- experience in leadership managing large teams of about 20 people is highly recommended
- High level of flexibility, sense of priorities, communication and good organizational skills.
- able to work under pressure with a customer centric approach
- Knowledge in processes and biopharmaceutical technologies.
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities :
- Supervises day to day bulk vaccines logistics operations in a multiple products environment, managing a team of about 20 people (technicians, operators)
- The mission of material preparation group is to receive the materials cleaned and either wrap them (simple) for storage, either proceed with the assembly of different components to obtain an assembly group that will be sterilized and supplied to process units
- This group also is responsible for assembly and testing filter housings and vessels
- Responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a manufacturing environment, being in contact with some suppliers based on need but mainly internal
- Includes warehousing, storage, movement and supply of raw materials, intermediate products and supplies
- Great organizational capacity to organize and optimize the internal flows in a multi viral bulk production unit, able to communicate and engage to all levels
- Motivates and encourages a team of employees to improve and maintain expected volumes and productivity. Has authority for hiring, termination; discipline and performance decision.
- Applies the recommended processes and anticipates potential improvements of the current processes while assuring compliance with existing procedures.
- Ensures compliance of the operations with GMP and Authorities requirements. Monitors quality of the production in close collaboration with QA and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Responsible to implement the Operational Excellence Process in his area/ group, including TIER meetings , KPI definition and follow up, problem solving, etc.
- Organizes and monitors performance progress efficiency of the facility through Key Performance Indicators related to Quality, Budget, Delivery and Security.
- Coordinate specific projects of improvement to ensure quality, efficiency, productivity, security and simplification
- Provide technical support , mentoring and coaching to direct reports in order support their day to day operations and difficulties
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top