Manager, Production Filling
- Responsible for activities and resources engaged in the production process and for their continuous optimisation
- Co-ordinates manpower targets, resources and skills
- Evaluates capacities (employees and machines) necessary to the completion of the production plan
- Supervises / Manages day to day vaccines operations.
- Applies the recommended processes and anticipates potential improvements of the current processes while assuring compliance with the Change Management procedures.
- Ensures compliance of the operations with GMP and Authorities requirements. Monitors quality of the production in close collaboration with QA and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Is responsible for implementing the Operational Excellence Process in the facility.
- Is a representative of his activities in external audits
- Organises and monitors performance progress efficiency of the facility through Key Performance Indicators related to Quality, Budget, Delivery and Security.
- Provide technical support to direct reports (number
of direct reports approx.15)
- Master in Bio-Engineering or similar diploma
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Pharma company
- Good leadership skills
- Like to work in teams
- Reliable delivery on day to day tasks (performance)
- Strong Knowledge of cGMP
- Demonstrates comfortable level of oral and written English
- Understands key business issues in own area. Applies management skills to improve efficiency and accomplish operational objectives within own unit
- Sets priorities for team members to meet daily deadlines; may delegate control over established work flow. Co-ordinates work flow and work quality
- Ensures the work quality according to methods, refers to existing instructions and appropriate rules, and controls results
- Enables team to respond to short-term plans and to adopt change
- Is aware of the need to improve effectiveness; makes general statements about the need to improve effectiveness and mobilises team towards continuously doing better
- Responds to client requests in non-standard situations, investigating all the facts
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally
- Clearly defines roles, responsibilities and team objectives
- Builds an environment that supports co-operation and cohesiveness among the work team; makes statements about common interest
- Listens to team members; trusts them and responds to their requests for help
- Manages the performance of business or technical support or production Team
- Understands the need to be informed and makes effective use of information that is readily accessible or routinely distributed to develop the team's expertise
- Is aware of the value of new ideas and is open to those put forward by team members and others; questions current practices
- Supports reports in identifying and resolving day-to-day technical, operational and organizational problems of low complexity
- Sees logical relations: identifies links between different components of a problem or situation related to own work team
- Understands, applies and refers to standards
- Persuades team members / others in straightforward situations, adapting presentation to arouse interest
- Lets others know own position when asked; displays energy and self-motivation
- Listens carefully and presents technical information clearly to team members
- Communicates effectively and regularly to inform team members of work plans and progress
- Demonstrates basic people management skills
- Broadens technical knowledge in one area
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top