Manager, Operations Western Cluster
This role can be based in the following locations: France, Spain, Switzerland, Nordics, Ireland or Portugal.
Frontline Operations (FLO) is a function within the Tech Ops group that manages services across global end user technology, local technology infrastructure, exec support, end user access, service desk provision and several other distinct service areas.
The purpose of this role is to lead the following activities for the Western Cluster within the EMEA region. This covers all users and business units located within the geographic footprint.
• Local Infrastructure - leadership of resources on the ground in within the cluster. This includes oversight of local vendor operations (deskside or lounges) and infrastructure support.
• Service Management- Accountable for effective delivery of FLO services to end users across the country/cluster area.
• Project Implementation- Accountable for any infrastructure projects that require activity at site level across the cluster.
• Launch Support - Ensure prioritized services are enabled in key markets to support product launches (working in coordination with the Business Units).
This role provides operational leadership across all sites at cluster level. Within these activities, the role is responsible for ensuring effective leadership, service management, operational support and reliable delivery to ensure delivery to commitments. This must all be done in adherence to global and local budget, risk & compliance policies.
Local Operations Management - responsible for managing local operation team/s which could be a mix of GSK employees and local vendor staff, depending on the market size and business complexity within the country/cluster. Ability to identify and address root cause of key vendor performance issues and risks that may affect future service outcomes and manage these to full resolution.
Service Management- Accountable for effective delivery of FLO services to end users across the country/cluster, working with service excellence lead to ensure delivery of operations via service and in-market vendor operations. Ability to analyse metrics and base operational data to identify opportunities for service improvement and diagnose the root causes of service failure. Ability to forecast demand and capacity plan with tech core services owners.
Stakeholder engagement - Ability to build collaborative network across multiple business stakeholders and tech partners to identify, plan and coordinate operational support requests, projects and service improvements. Ability to communicate effectively across multiple groups to influence service outcomes and manage change objectives for the local site. Can anticipate impact of tech changes on key groups (e.g., tech business partners, tech operations service owners, vendors, end-users) and build an effective communications and change management plan across multiple business groups.
Project Delivery - Accountable for infrastructure projects that require activity/deployment at country/cluster level. This includes the coordination of all local changes, infrastructure installations, PC & OS deployment programmes, support for real-estate activities (office moves) etc.
Launch Support - Ensure prioritized services are enabled in key markets to support Consumer, Pharma and ViiV product launches. This is achieved by working in coordination with the Business Units to align their launch calendar with optimal service cover in country and managed windows of infrastructure changes during the agreed period.
Allocate and track any locally managed service costs and ensure cost transparency for business partners.
• 7 Years+ experience working at a country/regional level managing infrastructure services
• Understanding of core technologies used within GSK (Network, hosting, PCs, Mobile devices etc.)
• Experience managing 3rd vendors providing heavily outsourced services
• Specific experience covering PC and local infrastructure support
• Experience with relevant geographic regions highly beneficial
• Ability to influence/manage stakeholders at an SVP/GM level
• Clear understanding of the Pharma & Consumer business
• Knowledge of GMS & Vaccines business beneficial
• Excellent English language, spoken and written.
• French/Spanish language would be an advantage but not necessity
• Excellent stakeholder, engagement and communication skills
• Recognised as a leader by the Tech function and ideally business community inside GSK
• Able to balance a strategic agenda with day-day operational excellence
• Performs broad range of work and complex activities in a wide variety of non-routine context with substantial personal autonomy
• Sought after by others for guidance, uses influence to drive change and support the business agenda
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
GSK - one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top