Manager, Financial Risk Management
Support Senior Manager in deploying all compliance and risk management initiatives for China and Hong Kong Finance Services to instil a positive, world class compliance culture and full adherence to internal and external governance requirements.
Liaison with the China and Hong Kong Compliance Officer to ensure that risk assessments and testing plans for China and Hong Kong Finance Services are aligned with Corporate Governance guidance.
Liaison with GSK Risk Management and Controls Centre of Excellence to understand GSK internal control framework and best practices.
Liaison with counter parties in Finance Services Risk Management to adopt best practices and ensure alignment to CBS Finance Services ways of working.
Liaison with Corporate Finance Team to deliver SOX testing for entities in scope.
Ensures that Finance Services internal control frame work is robust, with work plans in place to test and improve the framework ensuring it works effectively.
• Risk assessments are conducted periodically and mitigation plans are developed to reduce risk to GSK.
• All Finance Services SOPs clearly identify control points that reduce risk to GSK.
• Level 1 and Level 2 testing plans are in place and testing is performed timely where results and recommendations are shared with China/HK Finance Leadership Teams and Risk Management and Compliance Boards (RMCBs).
• China/HK Finance Services team understand the risk assessment concept and contributes to reduce overall compliance risk.
• Partner with key stakeholders to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls
• Assist business as required in managing financial and operational risks, advising of regulatory requirements and using knowledge of industry to put in place a good control culture
• Maintain risk and control framework at country level
• Contribute to the implementation of local Financial Services policies and procedures in line with Area, Regional and Corporate requirements to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
• Present findings to various levels of leadership
• Plan and facilitate training and education programmes of Corporate Policies. Initiate a communications programme that ensures a clear understanding of compliance standards.
• Supports and advises China/HK Finance Services Management on preparations required for internal audits from GSK Audit groups and external auditors reviews. Reviews audit findings with China/HK Finance Services Management and supports implementation of recommendations and remedial actions as required.
• Leads the level 2 audits of Finance Services lines.
• Ensures Level 1 audits conducted by Service Line Owners are effective and are happening. Reports outcome to relevant RMCBs.
• Lead SOX testing for relevant entities in China and HK.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting and/or Finance
• Internal Audit Certification preferred
• English: very good writing and speaking
• Job-Related Experience in performing risk assessments and managing compliance testing activities.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence effectively at all levels within the organization.
• Politically and diplomatically astute and able to successfully navigate across a matrix organization.
• High level of professional maturity and sensitivity to collaboration and teamwork.
• Business partner and relationship management experience.
• Experienced in successfully training / coaching individuals in risk assessment and compliance.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top