Manager, Digital Analytics Development (Tealium)
GSK is seeking a Manager of Digital Analytics Development to join the open pharmatech revolution on our Core Tech team.
In this role you will own the end to end process and governance for tracking analytics across multiple assets including web and mobile properties, media assets, sensors, IOT devices, etc. The ideal candidate will have proven experience working with publisher and partner tags for business use cases ranging from re-marketing, audience creation, data management and attribution.
- Establish and build end to end processes for various analytics tags through TealiumIQ, Tealium SDK's for IOS & Android, leveraging Tealium developer API for further integration to form a federated process of managing tag deployments across various external teams
- Build load rules, custom and global data layer with extensive logical data mapping to leverage the in-house analytics solution build in Azure as well as the current analytics solutions in place at GSK
- Partner with tech teams to communicate the technical implementation approach, defining code functions and events that need to be executed and the corresponding user acceptance testing
- Resolve discrepancies or issues with tags - acting as the first level of technical support for tag issues
- Automate steps to accommodate code audit, code review, as an ongoing check to follow best practices and future proof the data capture module with successful third-party integration
- Ability to independently debug JS code using developer tools.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and analytics needs
- Work within and across Agile teams, to design, develop, test, implement, and support digital analytics solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 year of experience with Tealium Tag management solution
- 1 year of experience working on Tealium iQ, Tealium Audience Stream, Tealium Event Stream, Tealium DB
- 2 years of experience working with any tag management platform and creating data layers on web and mobile properties.
- Experience working with code repository tools like GitHub
- Deep knowledge of data platforms and high-level architecture
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Proven track record of working with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years Digital analytics implementation experience (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.) on Web and Mobile
- 1+ years of experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe or Kanban
- 1+ years of experience working with cloud technologies, such as Azure / GCP / AWS
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top