Manager Clinical Statistics, Statistician
• PhD or MSc(or equivalent) in a statistical discipline.
• Experience in the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of clinical trials.
• Expertise in a broad range of statistical methodologies.
•Prior experience with pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic (i.e., biomarker) endpoints; and linear as well as nonlinear dose response modelling with application to real problems is a plus.
•Demonstrated leadership and capabilities to reach across functional lines to support and manage a wide variety of tasks across different projects.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; record of building and maintaining strong working relationships; demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods, both to fellow statisticians and to scientific and clinical colleagues.
• Excellent influencing skills, which can or have been applied effectively at all levels of an organization and across multiple functions.
• Self-motivated, independent worker.
• Strong time management skills; able to effectively organise and manage a variety of tasks across different projects.
• A good understanding of drug development processes and strategies, with proven ability to apply innovative statistical thinking to meet project and/or business objectives.
• Experience supporting product life-cycle management.
• Experience providing support for publications (both analyses and review).
• Experience in submissions and interacting with regulatory bodies.
• Experience of working with, and coordinating CROs.
• Experience with modeling and simulation, and other innovative methodologies.
•Demonstrated innovative thinking and excellent communication skills.
• Excellent influencing skills, which are applied effectively at all levels of an organization and across multiple functions.
• Self-motivated, independent worker.
• Proven ability to project manage and prioritize activities.
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, whose statisticians and programmers play a critical role in Research and Development at UK and US sites. Within GSK, Clinical Statistics is part of Quantitative Sciences, a group which includes clinical pharmacology modelling and simulation, epidemiology, non-clinical statistics, health economics modelling and statistical innovation. Our statisticians have the opportunity to take part in world-class methodological research, as well as to fulfill a vital role on our multidisciplinary medicines development teams.
We are searching for talented statisticians who can demonstrate innovative thinking, excellent communication skills, and who are able to influence project strategy. Opportunities are available at our sites in Stevenage (Hertfordshire) and Stockley Park (Uxbridge, Middlesex) in the UK, and at Upper Providence (suburban Philadelphia) in the US.
Responsibilities of the Manager, Clinical Statistics position include:
• Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies.
• Influencing clinical development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies.
• Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to meet business needs.
• Identifying, developing and implementing novel statistical methodologies in support of medicines development and product life-cycle management.
• Study responsibility within one of GSK's key therapeutic areas: ID (Infectious Diseases and Oncology) Respiratory, MPC (Metabolic Pathways and Cardio Vascular), II (Immuno Inflammation) or ADD (Advanced Drug Development)
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2016
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top