Manager, Calibration / Metrology
Involved in the production process that includes maintenance of equipment to satisfy the needs of a manufacturing schedule according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and norms (e.g., ISO). Includes hands-on activities such as preventative maintenance, machine breakdown, fault-finding analysis, repair, metrology, yield optimization.
- Calibrates manufacturing, test and measurement equipment
- Assures proper, timely start-up of equipment for greatest efficacy.
- May be involved in installing new material or changing and adjusting new fittings
- May assist manufacturing and packaging operators, helps repair and maintain
• Ensures calibration and requalification of critical process equipments used in several Streams. In this frame, organises and monitors performance indicators.
• Ensures the full responsibility of 1 to 3 maintenance teams (10 to 15 people). This includes people selection, foremen coaching, personnel training to the required competencies, planning management, the follow-up of what is ongoing and delayed, the elaboration and management of operating and investment budgets, contacts with social partners, as well as all daily aspects of a team's life.
• Makes sure that cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), GMP procedures and recommendations from the authorities are respected.
- Manages and documents deviations by integrating changes to calibration and requalification operations.
- Participates in external audits by answering questions and presenting requalification files regarding Stream equipments under his/her responsibility.
- Analyses and brings solutions to "non-conform" files.
- Brings and pilots corrective actions for problems "de retard et d'en cours".
- Resolves audit actions and makes sures of the application in all teams.
• Ensures consistency between procedures, training programmes, validation methods, calibration equipments and requalification files.
• Maintains good C&M practices by updating our procedures and the check-lists associated to them. Ensures redaction, training and follow-up of the procedures.
• Makes sure that EHS standards and policies are respected.
• In the frame of investment projects, brings expertise regarding calibration and requalification of equipments, solves technical problems during first qualifications.
• Pilots improvement projects for his/her teams.
• Ensures calibration and requalification of critical process equipments used in several Streams.
• Ensures the full responsibility of 1 to 3 maintenance teams (10 to 15 people).
• Brings expertise regarding calibration and requalification of equipments
• Pilots improvement projects
• Participates in external audits
Business Understanding & Mng:
- Is up-to-date on internal/external business issues and developments in own area and uses them to set direction and resolve problems for own team and supervisors managed
Financial & Resource managem:
- Takes action to monitor and control costs within team managed
- Plans and allocates resources according to priorities; manages allocated budget
- May have full human resources responsibility for supervised staff
- Based on potentially incomplete or conflicting information, takes appropriate decision after analysing possible alternatives. Assumes full accountability for decisions taken
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and own business plan and impact the efficiency and effectiveness of own unit and other units with interrelated processes
Planning, Organising & Delivery:
- Sets priorities to ensure short-term objectives are achieved
- Obtains adhesion in the compliance of rules and procedures
- Ensures the coherence of team members' contributions and the quality of final results with respect of procedures
- Develops short-term plans for team managed and takes full accountability for delivering to plan; finds a way around obstacles
- Seeks to raise levels of team effectiveness by establishing an improvement process or setting specific, measurable targets and goals linked to business needs
- Interprets client needs, assessing the full requirements; identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries
Engaging & Developing People:
- Creates informal personal networks with key contacts within own area
- Promotes teamwork and works to establish consensus among team members by involving them in issues that affect them
- Actively shares own technical expertise with others in the team; spends time to help others resolve technical problems
- Identifies needs or possibilities for individual competency development and defines appropriate actions
- Manages the performance of professional employees and/or supervisors
- Uses a range of sources and methods to obtain information relevant to his/her role to drive development of the team's expertise and encourages discussion relating to the information
- Drives the team towards optimizing solutions relating to specific issues; identifies new and less obvious solutions
- Supports and interacts with reports in identifying and resolving technical, operational and organizational problems of medium complexity
- Sees multiple relations: analyses the relationship between several components of a problem or situation and sets short-term priorities for problem resolution by the team
- Actively contributes to standardization
- Gains the buy-in of others using win-win interactions by showing the advantages, benefits and features of own solutions and ideas
- Demonstrates confidence in own ability; makes timely decisions in a self-assured way and justifies them, if necessary
- Ensures others are very clear about own position when uncertainty exists
- Communicates in a manner which is always clear, concise, well structured and easily understood, using the most appropriate communication channels
Technical & Specialist Expertise:
- Demonstrates full competence as a people manager
- Demonstrates technical expertise in own area
- Is up-to-date on the market best practice and their applications in area of expertise
- Fluent in spoken and written English
• Industrial or civil engineer
• 5 years experience in pharmaceutical industries and in GMP
• Successful experience in people management
• Expertise in calibration and validation.
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment (international norms).
• English is required, French is a must.
• Experience in people management (preferably technical team)
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top