Manager - Calibration & Measurement (C&M)
The incumbent will be responsible for calibrating manufacturing, test and measurement equipment.
Assures proper, timely start-up of equipment for greatest efficacy.
The person may be involved in installing new material or changing and adjusting new fittings.
May also assist manufacturing and packaging operators.
- Ensures calibration and re-qualification of critical process equipment used in Technical R&D M&CS. In this frame, organize and monitors performance indicators.
- Ensures the full responsibility of C&M staff. This includes people selection, foremen coaching, personnel training to the required competencies, planning management, the follow-up of what is ongoing and delayed, the elaboration and management of operating and investment budgets, contacts with social partners, as well as all daily aspects of a team's life.
- Makes sure that cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), GMP procedures and recommendations from the authorities are respected.
- Manages and documents deviations by integrating changes to calibration and re-qualification operations.
- Participates in external audits by answering questions and presenting re-qualification files regarding Stream equipment under his/her responsibility.
- Analyses and brings solutions to "non-conform" files.
- Brings and pilots corrective actions for any deviations.
- Resolves audit actions and makes sure of the application in all teams.
- Ensures consistency between procedures, training programs, validation methods, calibration equipment and re-qualification files.
- Maintains good C&M practices by updating our procedures and thee check-lists associated to them.
- Ensures writing/ editing, training and follow-up of the procedures.
- Makes sure that EHS standards and policies are respected.
- In the frame of investment projects, brings expertise regarding calibration and re-qualification of equipment, solves technical problems during first qualifications.
- Pilots improvement projects for his/her teams.
- Brings an organizational and technical support to internal customer.
- Industrial or civil Engineering degree.
- Successful experience in People Management
- 5 years' experience in pharmaceutical industries and in GMP environment.
- Expertise in Calibration and Validation are a MUST.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment (international norms).
- Both French & English (written & spoken) are a MUST.
Please see "Basic Qualifications".
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top