Manager, Brand Payer and Access Marketing - RTP
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and public payer customers (i.e. PBMs, MCO, employer, Medicaid, Medicare) and the complex dynamics affecting the payer including industry trends, payer and channel economics, and public policy/ government regulations
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation), interpersonal influencing and prioritization skills required with proven ability to influence across matrixed organizations including influencing without authority
- Proven learning agility with a high level of motivation and a strong ability to find creative solutions to challenging, unstructured situations
- Proven ability to develop and maintain trusted relationships with internal partners and effectively work well in teams
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience with and understanding of Pharmaceutical Marketing Competences (i.e. segmentation, customer insight, positioning, marketing mix)
- Ability to apply GSK Commercial Practices Policies (CPP) in unstructured and fluid situations
- 3+ years experience in pharmaceutical marketing and/or sales
- 1+ years successful payer, brand marketing and/or account management experience
- Experience in developing payer and segment specific marketing insights and incorporating the payer into the brand/strategic planning process
- Ability to combine data analysis with qualitative insights to identify and explain market access, brand and above-brand drivers of business performance
- Proven ability to operate independently and handle multiple projects with a high degree of initiative including project planning and prioritization of competing demands
- Basic understanding of corporate finance fundamentals (gross & net sales, P&L inputs, gross margin, COGs, working capital, etc.)
- Understanding of respiratory disease states and the respiratory marketplace
- Experience in developing customer-facing materials using GSK copy approval processes
- Experience developing and managing promotional budgets
- Experience managing third-party vendors
The Manager, Respiratory Brand Payer Marketing is responsible for supporting the development and execution of business strategies and B2B marketing tactics for the Respiratory Portfolio to payer, institutional and trade customer segments (e.g. Commercial managed care, PBMs, Medicaid, Medicare, health systems and IDNs). This manager is responsible for supporting consistent implementation of contracting and promotional strategies, identifying customer & competitive insights, and evolving the portfolio value proposition and supporting deliverables accordingly to ensure optimal impact and utility.
Other core responsibilities include:
- Support the development and implementation of contracting strategies across different payer segments that grow and sustain profitable respiratory portfolio access
- Support payer insights development including conducting primary market research to support payer marketing strategic and tactical planning
- Proactively monitor & synthesize syndicated market research and external issues impacting pharmaceutical delivery and reimbursement including industry trends, public policy and the competitive landscape
- Support the evolution of the payer value proposition across payer segments including short-term delivery of in-market payer promotional tactics and long-term influencing of evidence generation planning
- Coordinate with the agency of record in developing and managing insights-based tactical plans across key customer segments to prioritize efforts that deliver business impact and utilize resources efficiently
- Manage the end-to-end development of customer facing and multichannel marketing promotional interventions for payers (includes account manager promotional materials, customer programs, e-tactics, journals, etc.) - from opportunity identification to training and implementation guides
- Partner with brand team and matrix stakeholders to identify brand-specific pull through opportunities and ensure a clear understanding of the competitive access environment
- Monitor external environment and ensure timely stakeholder (both home office and customer-facing) communications that clearly inform and offer strategic guidance where appropriate in response to competitive market events and changes
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top