- Provide leadership to a core group of technical engineers GSK or Contingents in the development of deep scientific & engineering understanding of manufacturing Operations and in the implementation of good engineering & design practices and solutions to support manufacturing, quality and research operations. Assure the daily coordination of a team of 4 automation expert.
- Act as expert on automation for primary and secondary equipment and systems in GSK Vaccines Belgium (existing facility upgrades and new facilities - excluded strategic project) by delivering automation solutions for different technologies (process primary and secondary equipment, building equipment, utility equipment, environmental monitoring, alarms system, ...)
- Challenge and support project and asset care teams on complex and Belgian transversal issues. Able to propose direct and integrated solutions to highly complex technical problems
- Proactively ensure and safeguard the quality and capabilities of the manufacturing, quality and research facilities within GSK Vaccines through the implementation of robust process and process support equipment design, installation, and technical guidelines
- Support all Belgium GSK Vaccines sites concerning technical troubleshooting, and hands on training based on industry best practices.
- Support the full system lifecycle for process automation and control system including the design, assessment, selection, commissioning, validation and implementation of systems
- Act as fronter or support during internal and external inspection
- Business acumen to fully understand customer needs and offer appropriate solutions.
- Ensure regular technical contact with MPU Head, TS Head and global automation expert.
- Ensure automation and control systems and equipment understanding including instrumentation, sensors, controllers, supervision and databases.
- Focus on performance of operations, able to present the full system lifecycle.
- Manage vendors contracts and vendor relationships to ensure implementation and support of automation and control systems
- Define and validate technical content of each support troubleshooting request with the different MPU.
- Provide support to "Asset Care" team: E-Ticket request, specific troubleshooting and TP13 assessment.
- Deep analysis of the problem / issue, propose direct and integrated solutions to highly complex technical problems.
- Propose the best action plan/solution in term of Quality, Timing and Price
- Close follow-up of the right Implementation of the solution
- Ensure Benchmarking and technologies watch of Automation System, Equipment and Network
- Analyze the opportunities to improve internal process and system
- Responsible to manage the expert team and to select with his N+1 adequate outsourced resources for short-term need.
- Escalade to GLOBAL/MSAT, LOC's / MPU topics
- Assure that Global Guidance are integrated in LOC's documents
- Perform GEMBA and PSS
- Perform training package for specific technology
- Build internal capabilities to diagnose and solve automation issues (by Mentoring & Coaching):
(i) Provide adequate support for field inspections and follow-up of all remediation activities to retrieve the necessary information to update the specifications and capture the lessons learned with final accountability for the performance and reliability of these systems.
(ii) Review and participate in the improvement of the Global Engineering Standards, Technical
Standards, to enhance standardization and simplification of design
(iii) Provide expertise support to the CAPEX project managers resulting in optimal project execution.
- Able to define the best automation solutions during the project design phases.
- Act as Senior Expert in his domain of competence on Internal and External Audit (L1,L2,L3,L4). Be fronter during inspection
- Drive specifications in its discipline
- Provide the technical expertise to resolve the complex technical issues experienced by MPU regarding technical installations in its discipline
- Design the systems in compliance with GMP, EHS, FDA, GSK requirements
- Implements strict project control and reports to his management (Milestones follow-up and budget) and internal customer
- Execute Continuous Engineering Improvement projects in accordance with our quality Management
- Lead and motivate empowered teams of GSK experts and contingents
- Recruit, train and motivate staff to ensure skill set meets current and future business demands providing technical coaching and training plans as required
- Ensure the retention and keep the knowhow internally
- Manage some Outsourcing mission
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
- Engineering degree specialized in Mechanical/Electrical/Automation or large expertise in these domains
- 8 - 10 years' experience in the required domain
- Leadership of expert's team
- Broad knowledge of Automation Technologies.
- Deep and specific technical knowledge of control, monitoring and data systems
- Expertise in DCS, PLC and SCADA technologies
- Expertise in cGMP
- Expertise in Commissioning and Validation of automation system
- Master Engineering specialized in Mechanical/Electrical/Automation or large expertise in these domains
- Strong technical background in Engineering - Automation system and equipment
- Highly effective at influencing internally and externally
- Highly effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Has the ability to work fully autonomous
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate technical matters with suppliers
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top