Manager Advanced Analytics - Primary Care Resource Allocation
GlaxoSmithKline is hiring Manager Advanced Analytics - Primary Care Resource Allocation.
- BA/BS in a quantitative sciences field is required
- 2+ years required of professional experience in applying advanced analytics and statistical skills such as predictive modeling, response modeling and optimization, marketing mix analysis, experimental design, segmentation, clustering analysis, and/or decision tree modeling, etc. and developing actionable and executable business solutions.
- 5-8 years experience (or 2-5 years with an advanced degree) preferred
- 2+ years experience consulting with business stakeholders to drive business decisions required
- MS in a quantitative sciences field
- 2+ years consulting experience at a consulting firm in a Pharmaceutical Marketing Analytics setting
The Manager of Advanced Analytics (Primary Care Resource Allocation) will work to drive better decisions within the primary care organization that leads to growth and better performance.
Strong business acumen
- Experience/understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the evolving and rapidly changing healthcare environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical data and pitfalls/appropriate considerations when using this information appropriately for advanced analytics applications
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills (both oral and written) in addition to strong project management skills
- Experience working with vendor partners to develop and deliver best in class recommendations and enhance analytic capabilities
- Experience applying advanced statistical and database marketing skills in business applications.
- In depth knowledge of multivariate statistics (cluster analysis, regression models, experimental design, etc.)
- Understanding of machine learning, supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques, and probabilistic models of complex systems with “big data” sources
- Experience with SQL and in-database processing in a Teradata environment as well as data visualization tools such as Tableau, JMP, Qlikview, etc. a plus
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and under challenging time lines.
- Adept at learning and applying new methods and technologies
- Possess analytic curiosity to seek out and develop potential solutions and drive continuous improvement; motivated by challenging, complex problems; proven ability to interpret customer needs and develop appropriate solutions; strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Ability to evaluate and recommend statistical methods appropriate for a business problem
- Ability to effectively build relationships across teams with a track record of collaborative partnerships to develop a solution and influence recommendations
- Highly effective at presenting complex, technical information, concepts, and analysis in a compelling and persuasive manner to non-technical audiences
- The ability to focus and thrive in times of change
- Develop options and influence recommendations for the business unit based on opportunities identified through advanced analytics for resource/promotional effectiveness and allocation.
- Proactively contribute to and develop high quality, advanced analytics applications and insights for the BU quarterly business review process focused on resource effectiveness and future resource allocation / strategy adjustments
- Deliver clear, actionable recommendations from the analytic applications
- Manage external partners to develop and deliver high quality advanced analytic solutions in the areas of:
- Promotional/Marketing mix models, promotional channel effectiveness and performance measurement across all channels and customer types for the business unit, response curve development, resource allocation and optimization across brands and channels for the business unit, profitability/ROI analysis, experimental design (test/control) analysis, campaign (DTC, MCM, CRM, etc.) effectiveness, diagnostics, and measurement, DTC effectiveness, simulation and what-if scenarios for strategic planning
- Proactively identify advanced analytics opportunities aligned with and guided by business unit priorities through seeking out industry trends, best practices, and external benchmarks for competitive value.
- Develop and demonstrate a strong understanding of business strategy, business challenges/opportunities, and the competitive environment to proactively identify advanced analytics approaches and solutions
- Build and earn the trust of stakeholder partners with advanced analytics expertise and business application knowledge.
- Ensure inclusion of Business Unit measurements in the enterprise inventory of measurement learning, benchmarks, and best practices in a timely manner; Share and apply benchmarks and learning from across the enterprise as appropriate for the business unit to leverage for better decision making.
- Demonstrate strong cross-matrix collaboration with other functions such as Finance, Forecasting, Payer Analytics, Marketing Operations (Multichannel Strategy), etc.; Ensure close partnership with business stakeholders in Marketing and Sales and a strong understanding of the top business priorities of focus; Engage with Global partners, as appropriate, to share best practices and learning where appropriate.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top