Management Reporting Analyst
4-5 years of R2R experience including areas on financial accounting, analytical reporting roles.
RECRUITER TO UPDATE
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Business Service Centre
The Business Service Centre, Kuala Lumpur is GSK's first global hub in Asia and will play a key role in GSK's Core Business Services consolidating the organisation's global and regional service delivery in IT, Finance, Employee Services, Indirect Procurement and Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities into an integrated shared service network.
- Ensure a high quality of service is provided and that requests are addressed in a timely manner as stipulated by agreed SLA and KPIs.
- Comply with GSK corporate policies and adopt GSK Finance initiatives and ways of working, as well as agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Work effectively alongside with FBP, BSC and in market staff and ensure efficient and appropriate hand-offs between shared services, in-market staff, and BSC staff at various points in the process
- Proactively identify continuous improvement, process simplification and standardisation opportunities and share ideas with the senior analyst and BSC BI & MR Lead
- Be accountable for the timeliness, accuracy, relevance and integrity of financial analyses and reports
- Interface with markets to resolve non-routine issues in planning, analysis, forecasting, actuals reporting and all related activities
Monthly reporting process
- Perform financial analytics on month-end income statement and prepare reports for the Finance Business Partners (FBP) in the Asia Pacific region to facilitate business sign-off.
- To develop understanding of financials and key drivers of fluctuations within the monthly income statement.
- Participate in monthly IPT reporting process: deriving and performing calculations for profit releases and deferred profit releases required for each month end reporting process.
- To support on other monthly/quarterly deliverables in scope of the BSC MR, and under the direction of the MR lead.
- To support the plan/forecasting process via CCC+ module and BISON.
- To work across boundaries and maintain engagement with various stakeholders (e.g. R2R, in market finance teams, regional/above country finance teams), ensuring accuracy and rigour in the numbers reported.
Process Improvement and Service Delivery
- To ensure timely and accurate completion of deliverables for assigned markets across the Asia-Pacific region that are serviced by the BSC
- To be the main point of contact/liaison in providing the appropriate analysis and reports to the in market finance teams.
- To drive and deliver performance and process improvement initiatives under the directive of the MR lead.
- To develop/ensure maintenance of documentation for Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for assigned market
- Adopt a flexible approach to analysis and address ad-hoc requests for further information and analysis
Please apply online.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top