High school diploma or equivalent, Vocational or technical schooling
3-5 years experience troubleshooting and repairing equipment in a manufacturing environment, proficiency in troubleshooting mechanical systems
Knowledge of specialized software programs such as AMMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Welding certificate, apprenticeship certificate, machinist certificate
At GlaxoSmithKline, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. As the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter products, reaching more than 1 billion consumers, GSK's Consumer Healthcare business is on an exciting journey. We're passionate about building the world's best fast-moving consumer healthcare company with a focus on quality, backed by science.
Our Consumer Healthcare facility in St. Louis, MO proudly manufactures household names such as TUMS, OsCal, and Citrucel. We're proud of our heritage and success in the St. Louis... and our impact on consumers' lives around the world.
Support operations line performance through maintenance, preventive and predictive maintenance, installation of new equipment and improvement ideas, and troubleshooting.
- Comply with all operational, safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements. Comply with all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Diagnose equipment performance concerns and coordinate consensus resolution with Engineering, Operations, and Technical support groups internal and external to the facility.
- Perform line changeovers, which include the disassembly and re-assembly of Packaging/Manufacturing related line equipment and or Facility/Utility related equipment. Support Engineering/Maintenance Team and Operations Tech development, succeeding in a team environment.
- Support Operations line performance, working closely with team associates for achievement of line performance goals. Ability to troubleshoot processing equipment and high speed packaging equipment.
- Perform assigned maintenance on time in order to sustain line performance and document all work, preventative and breakdown related, in AMMS. Maintain department/work area/shop cleanliness, knowledge of GMPs and SOPs.
- Utilize root cause analysis to resolve equipment breakdown and performance issues
- Install new and repair existing equipment from written specifications such as blueprints, equipment manuals, engineering sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Skilled in machinists' hand tools, measuring instruments and power tools—hammer drills, grinders, benders, etc. Ability to make machine parts using a lathe, milling machine, surface grinders and other machine shop equipment.
- Create material lists after obtaining proper authority; order all materials necessary to complete tasks. Utilize AMMS program to process work orders and PMs. Recommend ideas of equipment improvements to eliminate repetitive repairs.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance, inspection, and general mechanical repairs and service in the areas of, but not limited to, drywall, pipefitting, painting, concrete work, core drilling, and plumbing (as designated building maintenance emphasis).
- Ensure Quality and Compliance in accordance with established procedures and standards of the Quality System.
- Comply with and support the GSK Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top