Maintenance Planning & Scheduling Specialist
- Minimum Level of Education : Pharmaceutical Science, Bio or chemical engineering, technical engineering, with further specialist qualification in planning & scheduling
- Level of Education Required: Good technical background in Maintenance/Engineering/manufacturing equipment required for this position.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Maintenance
Broad knowledge of technologies & maintenance processes. The job holder will be of sufficient scientific stature and credibility to support change management in maintenance organization.
- Area of Specialization: Maintenance, planning & scheduling, Operationnal Excellence
- Strong practical experience to put in place the correct maintenance process & methodologies that will have a positive impact on daily operations
- Have a good knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of lean six sigma tools and OEE
The job aims at providing expertise and support the Belgium GSK vaccines maintenance organization (MPU,SPU & BeEM) in Planning & Scheduling.
The expertise is transferred through support, learning, and guidance. Benchmarking, risk escalation, and vision for the domain of expertise are given to the different parts GSK.
The mission includes:
- Develop, maintain, maintenance processes, guidelines, methodologies, and knowledge repositories
in Maintenance Planning & Scheduling to support Belgium manufacturing unit operations
- Coordinate Belgium network technical expertise (SME Network for Gatekeepers, Planners & Schedulers) for continuous improvement & troubleshooting
- Assure and safeguard the quality and capability of the manufacturing facilities within GSK Vaccines through the implementation of robust maintenance processes and controlling tools.
- Support MPUs concerning technical and/or organizational troubleshooting (deep dive).
- Establish Rules, standards processes, targets for the domain of expertise in accordance with
regulations and corporate requirements.
- Define the planning & scheduling processes and methodologies and drive their implementation in all
MPUs and SPUs of BeOps to ensure that all systems, equipment and facilities are maintained in a
safe and reliable status all the time.
- Owner of the SAP Maintenance Planning system in Be Ops, with final accountability for the
performance of this system
- Support Technical services in MPUs/SPU to define & review their entire job package for
completeness and correcteness. Make necessary adjustments, refine and finalize labor requirements,
materials, parts, methods and priorities
- Support Technical services in MPUs/SPU to define & put in place gatekeeping, preparation &
- Drive implementation of best practices and define standards based on existing international
guidelines and regulations
- Define short- and long-term performance improvement objectives regarding Planning & Scheduling,
to achieve in all MPUs and SPUs.
- Develop Planning & Scheduling community knowledge by creating tutorial material and performing
- Manage the overall planning of across-site activities, including yearly shutdowns and develop a
systematic approach to be rolled out to all units
- Act as reference in the domain of expertise and support MPU/SPU during audits L2,L3,L4 when
- Promote Knowledge sharing and exchange of expertise across Belgium Maintenance organization.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top