- Industrial Mechanic or Mechanic with Associate 2-year Degree in Plant Systems Technology and/or Related Facility Maintenance Technology experience
- 7-10 years equivalent experience Plant Systems Maintenance including fire systems and safety systems maintenance and testing
- Knowledge of personal computers and computer control systems, current CMMS software, Computer Based Training (CBT) for Windows NT and Microsoft Office preferred, or the ability to obtain competency for the above within 90 days.
- High school or vocational-technical school graduate with a combination of formal training and experience equal to seven years of industrial safety environment experience required.
- Strong communication, team, and problem-solving skills.
- Two years' experience within a pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, medical device or similarly aligned business.
- Demonstrated familiarity with cGMPs, regulatory guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds.
- At least 20% of the position frequent movement (up and down).
- Bachelor degree in Facility Engineering Technology; Plant Systems Engineering or HVAC (ASHRAE) Engineering
- Trade school graduate or completion of a recognized apprenticeship program with three years' experience as a plant systems technician in an industrial environment preferred.
The Maintenance Mechanic must be able to acquire and fill the position of plant systems professional with a thorough knowledge, understanding and work experience in a FDA regulated customer healthcare drug facility. Maintenance Professional must have a clear working knowledge base of GMP documentation from creation to execution within computerized maintenance management systems' records or work orders.
Maintenance Professional must be a self motivated person with an attention to detail in operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of facility systems. Maintenance Professional must be capable to work alone in electrical rooms, mechanical spaces, specific Cleanroom areas and confined spaces. Professional must have the ability to multi-task within a specialized group or department team. Professional must be willing to work any shift necessary.
- aintain and troubleshoot facility and utility control systems.
- Mintain and troubleshoot Boiler and Steam/Plant Condensate system.
- Maintain and troubleshoot hot water heater system.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Air Handling Unit/Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning /Humidification.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Chillers, Cooling Towers, DX cooling systems and refrigeration systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot compressed dry gases/pressure systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot hydraulic systems specifically, various types of lifting equipment.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Wastewater systems, sanitation waste and storm drain water systems for properties of Legionella and other dangerous bacteria.
- Perform as a craftsman/construction worker for small interior/exterior site projects.
- Must be capable of reporting as a Site Incident Commander on a rotating basis.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top