Maintenance First Line Leader
4 years Manufacturing experience
Bachelors of Science or Engineering
4 years Manufacturing and Engineering experience
First Line Leader responsible for supervising a Craft Team of Twelve Mechanics, Electricians, and Machinists on the evening shift of a 24 hour production operation
- Full people leadership for a team working within a production environment
- Promotes a safe environment with maintenance team ensuring they comply with all GSK quality and safety procedures and national and local regulations.
- Working with the team to continuously improve the capability of both the individuals and the overall team to increase their performance towards maintenance targets.
- Ensuring development plans and training required is identified, recorded using the appropriate method, and training is undertaken using local processes.
- Setting expectations on individuals behavior and performance and ensuring that regular feedback is provided both by formal routes but also in regular Gemba sessions
- Coaching and providing development to improve the behavior/performance of individuals and the team to ensure that the expectations are being met. This will include holding people to account for the duties that they are responsible
- Identifying key talent and capabilities and input to succession planning process
- Disciplinary, Absence management, and Employee Relations procedures as appropriate
- Involvement in reviewing resourcing of area including task assignment, involvement in recruitment as required
- Role modeling the expected behaviors and standards for all staff in the area
- Problem solving for Manufacturing and Packaging Mechanical Down Time Issues
- Setting target conditions, and delivering against this, to achieve improvements in equipment performance to meet business needs
- Real time maintenance issue identification and resolution involving staff. including running of GSK - Problem solving process line side for rapid but safe maintenance issue resolution supporting both Manufacturing and Packaging
- Current state analysis and "TOP 3 issues" identified and aligned with Operations Leadership to deploy maintenance resources in the optimal way
- Ensuring the area returns to standard after a safety, quality or performance deviation in a controlled manner.
- Conduct assigned safety investigations and ensuring completion of resultant actions
- Process management by creating and confirming standards required to manage safety, quality, compliance and output. This includes being well prepared to have a good shift
- Ensuring adoption and adherence to the Leader Standard Work, and the application of Standard Work for roles within the area by staff
- Being highly visible during times in the shift when there is more risk for issues e.g. Line changeovers or repairs and providing guidance and resolving problems as they arise
- Ensuring alignment to and providing data for the tiered accountability meetings within the area and on site.
- Following through on resulting actions in a timely fashion
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top