Logistics, Apprentice Program, US, 2019
Want to solve some of the world's biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, GSK is a company that delivers many innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We're looking for Apprentices in Logistics (Supply Chain)
Are you a numerically minded, recent high school graduate with ambition to play a key role in helping the company source raw materials, manufacture our products and deliver the finished products all over the world? If so, the GSK Apprentice Program could be for you.
This entry-level, development opportunity offers you the chance to study, fully funded, towards nationally recognized qualifications while gaining hands-on, paid work experience. Our apprentices attend college part-time studying theory elements of the apprenticeship while working at a GSK Manufacturing facility. Over the 4 years in the Program, you will build logistics and leadership skills through rotations across various GSK logistics teams. Your rotations may include time in scheduling, planning, warehousing and customer interfacing roles
As a Logistics Apprentice, you may get involved in the following activities:
• assisting the planning department in their role through inputting data to measure key performance indicators (KPIs)
• attending daily and weekly performance meetings and running reports
• helping team members with data collection, and trending to measure KPIs
• have responsibility for putting together metrics for performance meetings
• as you progress in the role you will have more responsibility, potentially picking up your own portfolio of products to manage
• working alongside colleagues on key projects liaising with external contractors, and as your experience grows you may have the opportunity to manage your own
You'll be excited by the thought of:
• building planning skills through a tailored entry-level development program, working with industry professionals
• earning an Associate's degree at GSK's partnering community college with the potential to go on to further study. GSK will pay for the apprentice's tuition costs for company approved courses related to the Associate's degree
• receiving an industry-recognized "Certificate of Completion" training credential from the U.S. Department of Labor upon completion of GSK's Apprentice Program - a portable certificate of competency
• connecting with apprentices across the US and the world
• taking part in projects and prioritizing tasks
• developing your skills in an industry that's making innovative changes to the way it develops, manufactures and delivers products
What you need to succeed
•Team player attitude
•Desire to learn by doing
•A passion for logistics and the healthcare industry
•A proactive, self-motivated approach to learning
• Candidate must be eligible to work in the US permanently and will not need future visa sponsorship
• Must have earned a high school diploma or equivalency diploma by June 2019. 1st year college enrolled are eligible.
• High school GPA 2.5 ("B") or above (4.0 scale)
• Maths 2.5 or above, English 2.5 or above
• No more than 2 years of related work experience
• Must be 18 years of age by the 1st of August 2019
• If offered a position the candidate must be willing to enroll, and meet entry requirements, with one of GSK's partnering community colleges or technical institutions, in the preferred related instruction course.
• Must be able to commute on a daily basis to GSK worksite and related instruction facility
More than one unit of maths, statistics, IT, economics, business-related subject
• No more than 2-years' experience in pharmaceutical or FDA interfacing industry (intern or shadowing opportunity)
• No more than 2-years' experience in logistics, planning or scheduling (including intern or shadowing opportunity)
Click 'Apply Now' to start the application form.
You'll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Next steps in our application process
If you seem like a good fit based on your application form, we'll invite you to complete our World of GSK online assessment. Please complete the World of GSK by the deadline given. Next, we will invite you to complete the GSK Life job simulation. If you succeed in the online assessments, you will join us for the final stage: our Assessment Center. We anticipate that our Assessment Center will take place in March & April 2019. The start date for the apprenticeship will be in August 2019.
To learn more about our application process:
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top