Local Business Process Specialist, SAP Expert - PPPI & WM
Scientific university degree (bio chemistry engineer, industrial engineer, civil engineneer)
The role requires a combination of scientific/engineering background to understand manufacturing, industrial and quality management, as well as a sufficient knowledge of supply chain and logistic aspects.
At least 5 years' experience in manufacturing or technical services
- Previous experience in SAP Management demonstrating a quality mindset and knowledge of business processes or in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Expertise of manufacturing and IT system (SAP module, other …)
- Knowledge and understanding of company processes
This experience is required to ensure the right combination of holistic-"best-in-class" approach with a high level of realism and applicability of proposal (customer orientation is must)
- Business Execution
oBusiness Understanding: is up-to-date on internal/external business/scientific issues and developments in own area and uses them to focus project
oCosts & Profitability: Takes action to monitor and control costs related to project
oDecision Making: Contributes to decisions that concern a variety of matters within own project area, using incomplete information if required
oPlanning, Organizing & Delivery:
Manages own time and that of others; develops plans for work activities for the project team over the short term; allocates resources
Optimizes resource allocation across project phases to successfully transition from one project phase to the next in order to deliver to agreed objectives in terms of quality, deadlines, cost and budget
Develops short-term plans and takes full accountability for delivering to plan; finds a way around obstacles
With continuous improvement in mind, takes initiatives in developing, tailoring and modifying approaches to project management and project execution
Interprets project client needs, assessing the full requirements; identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries
Constantly ensures project's correspondence to client needs
oEngaging & Developing People
Creates informal personal networks With key contacts within own area
Permanently sets the example
Identifies factors that motivate or enthuse project team members; obtains their engagement and involvement/commitment
Uses a range of sources and methods to obtain information relevant to the project and its team to drive development of expertise and encourages discussions relating to the information
Optimizes solutions relating to specific project issues; Identifies new and less obvious solutions
Applies knowledge/ skills to a range of standard and moderately complex project issues; looks at them from different angles; Identifies a range of alternatives to their resolution
Chooses a persuasive approach best suited to the project stakeholders, striving to a win-win interaction
Demonstrates confidence in own ability; makes timely decisions in a self-
assured way and justifies them, if necessary
Communicates with stakeholders in a manner which is always clear, concise, well-structured and easily understood, using the most appropriate communication channels
- Technical & Specialist Expertise
oHas become fully competent as a project manager
oHas developed specialist technical knowledge in one area
oIs up-to-date on market best practice and their applications in area of expertise
Demonstrates fluency in spoken and written English
The person in this role will have to ensure :
Raises and maintains the SAP system* status of quality on the Belgian organization and enable the site to promote itself as one the provides best in class use of SAP Template with specific focus on PPPI and WM modules
SAP system : SAP templates supporting warehouse, planning, manufacturing, quality, laboratory, EHS, technical services
Be organization: 18 MPU/SPU + R&D. Involve lean programs/activities and manage Local SOP in line with GSK standards and GMP regulations
DISCIPLINE OF THE JOB:
- Analyses and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes within own domain
- Participates in design and implementation of re-engineering business processes to address user requirements
- Provide input to determine how new information technologies can support re-engineering business processes
- May specialize in one or more for the following areas: change management, monitoring system tool (KPI) management, training management, technical analysis and reporting, master data management…
- Lead and organize continuous improvement of SAP system and services to meet client's satisfaction
- Continually monitor SAP system usage and functions versus authorities requirement and local SOP's
KEY RESPONSABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Support implementation of new or updated processes template in SAP in parallel with roll-out projects on Belgian site
- Support and deploy processes defined in SAP in BE site and deploy transversal instructions (e.g. user guide, WKI, team site) to facilitate access to information
- Propose corrective and preventive maintenance for tools/processes already deployed in Belgian site. Drive and manage support to MPU/SPU + R&D in routine or project mode (e.g. before implementation and after Go Live)
- Support the harmonization of master data cross Belgian site. Drive and influence for high level of quality for master data
- Support GBO in the analysis of BE Site roles assignment
- Develop and share SAP expertise & knowledge with stakeholders (e.g. Site System Manager, GBO, IT, Key users, MPUs, ...) and enforce implementation of standardized processes through appropriate use of the system
- Animate a network of stakeholders inside functional area
- Review and approve SAP system documentation, in line with global processes (GBO, IT)
- Maintain local users requirements and local training manual as appropriate
- Maintain and follow-up SAP KPI's (process, tool)
- Comply with LBPM Service Level Agreement, provide input to define action plan and follow up action plan
- Be the voice of Belgium site inside functional area: participate to international forum
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top