LOC Quality Manager - Pharmaceuticals
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of relevant tertiary scientifically-based qualifications
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience within the Pharmaceutical / Consumer Healthcare industries, preferably in the capacity of a senior quality specialist or a manager
- Strong understanding of and experience in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance systems particularly in the areas of product release, deviation handling, incident management and conducting audits
- Strong knowledge of the local regulatory landscape and regulatory requirements pertaining to GMP/GDP
- Good knowledge on effective quality documentation systems
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and abilities
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated strong leadership and influencing skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deliver positive and proactive communications and foster excellent working relationships with stakeholders at any level of the organization
- Ability to influence and motivate stakeholders at any level of the LOC organization
Analytical mind, good attention to detail and problem solving skills within a structured process
- Good team player – works well in cross-functional teams
- People management and development skills
Good time management skills, with ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Concise and persuasive in the description of the different QA situations
- Able to stick to the standard and not be pressurized
- Works with a spirit of continuous improvement and innovation, creatively open to new ideas and methods
- Flexible thinking – able to challenge and see views from different perspectives
- Ability to self-motivate and be resilient and focused under pressure
- Able to effectively enable and drive change across cross functional stakeholders
- Strong general computer literacy with Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
The job exists within the commercial Rx Local Operating Companies to ensure that the mandated
GSK Quality Management Systems requirements for commercial operating units are met. The
function is critical to the effective management of systems and activities that are crucial or have
a direct impact to product quality and regulatory compliance. The job holder is expected to take
the lead in implementing and sustaining the QMS (insert LOC Name) Rx, including encouraging
the Commercial Rx business to own quality activities in their day to day work.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Key market contact and responsible person for all QMS activity and issues, relating to the
- Assess and proactively create and implement a continuous improvement plan for the adoption
of the principles and requirements of a Quality Management System into the commercial
business, includes identifying, understanding and sharing appropriate information.
- Heighten and promote quality and QMS awareness in the commercial business functions.
Engage and assist relevant stakeholders in understanding and generating appropriate systems,
processes and policies, as required within defined areas of the business, in compliance with
Build strong relationships across the LOC Commercial Business functions and work with them to
develop quality objectives that meet both business and regional quality objectives. Undertake
relevant training forums to deliver QMS knowledge to relevant parts of the business enabling
them to identify, incorporate and deliver on relevant quality objectives.
Maintain a high level of QMS knowledge and awareness of changes within the commercial
environment to seek opportunities and manage potential business adversity.
Develop a network to obtain local regulatory intelligence and provide the necessary analysis
to understand and escalate issues which have the potential to impact supply or GSK's
Act as the relevant LOC quality contact for the Regional Quality organisation providing
communication to the regional quality organisation on progress on QMS compliance status
updates on quality plans and escalation of issues. Share learning's and issues appropriately with
other LOC and regional colleagues.
Gain understanding of the high level business plans of the LOC as they potentially link to quality
– ensure any quality activities are identified and defined in the annual quality plan.
- Quality Systems
Responsible for the ensuring a robust, sustainable and effective QMS (Quality Management
System) through monitoring and reviewing the compliance status within the (Local insert LOC
Name) Marketing Company.
Implement and maintain effective Quality Assurance systems to ensure that local operations
are in full compliance with GSK standards and policies, Guide for Commercial Companies
- GMP, GDP and regulatory requirements by performing the following:
o Ensure that all SOPs are in place, updated & training has been conducted across the
business. Ensure a monitoring system in place for tracking training compliance and
process for escalation of persistent non-compliance. Processes in place for delivering
routine training for updates to SOPs, GQPs, GQMPs as relevant.
o Promote QMS management principles and seek continuous improvement of the
o Review, conduct impact assessments and implement any updates to QMS policies
o Manage QMS Management Review meetings according to local SOPs
o Identify, Implement and Manage QA Objectives & KPIs
o Establish and manage Annual Quality Plans
Ensure that all internal procedures and systems in use in the LOC are compliant to GSK QMS,
Guide for Commercial Companies and local regulatory requirements, including (but not limited
o LOC Quality Council in place with regular meetings and including all relevant business
functions. LOC Quality Council format, frequency and reporting standardised to global
requirements. Quality metrics and reporting format/ system in place with oversight and
review during LOC Quality Council
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top