• To support the General Counsel and Senior Legal Counsel to assist GSK China business including Consumer Health and Pharmaceutical business in achieving their strategies and business objectives in a resource-efficient manner by providing a high-quality, proactive, and business orientated legal services and advice on legal and organizational issues affecting GSK Chinas activities;
• Based in Shanghai. Reports directly to China General Counsel.
• To assist business development transactions, projects;
• To ensure that the designated business units management and employee remain updated with any change in relevant legislation including especially labor/employment related regulations; further to ensure that they are prompted in an accurate and timely fashion to take any action consequent upon such changes in the legislation;
• To support the Senior Legal Counsel/General Counsel to manage the Corporate Secretarial function under the law of China including the coordination of filing all necessary documents with Government authorities;
• To instruct and monitor external counsel in an effective manner;
• To advise BUs on the various legal issues/risks in a timely manner;
• To provide the support to contracting including contract review;
• To provide back-up support for promotional literature;
• To attend various BU management meetings and RMCB or other governance board as designated
• To support various functions in GSK China business including but not limited to Commercial/Medical/Government Affairs/Public Relations/IT/GMS/Procurement/Commercial Excellence/Regulatory Affairs/Finance and Treasury function/Human Resources;
• To advise on 3rd party partnership;
• To support the protection and enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights of GSK China litigation and other actions to prevent infringement of such rights, working at all times in close collaboration with members of the Patent and Trademark teams;
• Working closely with Compliance to support the compliance risk management efforts in China;
• To support the Senior Legal Counsel/General Counsel to work closely with Legal functions in various sectors
Undergraduate Degree in Law Required and Master Degree in Law preferred
Job nature requirement-needs a mature/independent/experienced lawyer with below qualities
? Team player with a proven ability to integrate and adapt to a new environment
? At least 6-8 years of the work experience in either law firms or MNCs (healthcare industry experience is preferred);
? Profound Legal Experts
? Broad understanding of PRC and international contract and pharmaceutical law, including hands-on experience with license, distribution, services agreements
? Ability to clearly and concisely explain legal situations to business and other non-lawyers to approach not only from legal but also from commercial point of view
? Deals with ambiguity and complexity
? Pragmatic, hands-on, problem solving attitude and a high sense of priorities and urgency.
? Proven experience in working with various taskforce effectively
? Excellent written and spoken English skills
? Communication skill is a key as this role requires lots of interactions with business clients, some senior clients, also the good tact in dealing with external agency and clients as well
? Dedicated and persuasive. Firm in his/her approach and diplomatic in communication style
? Deep understanding of Chinese culture in addition to being able to work across different cultures
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top