Learning and Development Advisor
- Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy or other relevant Science/Engineering discipline
- At least 3-5 years operations experience in managing and conducting training in quality system related topics within manufacturing environment, preferably in pharmaceutical or chemical-related industry.
- Strong GMP mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and dynamic team player, able to work with and influence cross-functional and leadership team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently with good planning and a strong team player
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to drive continuous improvement
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK was the first pharmaceutical company to set up manufacturing operations in Singapore, growing to be one of GSK's largest manufacturing centres outside of the UK.. The Jurong facility manufactures 16 active pharmaceutical ingredients used in a variety of GSK prescription medicines for the treatment of respiratory, HIV, gastro-intestinal, allergy, anti-viral and neurological conditions. Our second Global Manufacturing & Supply(GMS) site is Quality Road, one of the world's largest amoxicillin facilities and Singapore's first pharmaceuticals manufacturing plant.
Based at our Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) site in Jurong, Singapore, you will be reporting to the Learning and Development Manager.
The primary purpose of the role is to support the learning coordination needs of our two manufacturing sites, as well as being a key point of contact for learners requiring advice, support and coaching. You will have a critical role to play as the interface to the global service for training administration and will require a strong collaborative working and adherence to global standard operating procedures.
You'll bring your understanding of adult learning principles and advise business on curriculum design and development in order to meet identified learning needs and drive efficiency.
Delivery of Learning Strategy for GMS
- Lead the application of the new Global Learning & Development (GL&D) governance framework within site including adherence to GL&D quality standards and operating to agreed governance processes and ways of working
- Lead the execution of learning evaluation strategy and measurement of effectiveness of learning interventions through data gathering and reporting
- Manage relationships with third party vendors delivering training
- Deliver, monitor, evaluate site level development of:
Technical capability development e.g. Competency Framework
Business skills capability development e.g. Project Management
Leadership capability development e.g. First Line Leader, Coaching
Compliance capability development e.g. GMP
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to agree target populations for training, learning objectives, evaluation mechanisms, measure of success, training methodology- site level training and define 70/20/10 principles for each local learning project.
- Execute L&D projects such as On-the-Job Training roll out, Curriculum Restructuring, New Hire Induction Programme, Site- Learning Zone initiative and other continuous improvement projects across end to end learning cycle.
- Ownership of Compliance Training standards and local Training SOPs to ensure compliance training in place/in use.
- Management of a local compliance training plan mapped against the global plan e.g. Annual GMP training plan.
- Develop and maintain level 1,2,3 curricula for all site roles through partnering with SMEs and/or curriculum owners.
Delivering learning needs
- Lead GLMS administration on Learning assignment, scheduling, recording and reporting
- Lead the creation, maintenance and retirement of GLMS learning content through engagement with the global service.
- Advise and coach all learners.
- Perform L1 audits on compliance training activities and system processes.
- Support internal and external inspections, regulatory and audit.
- Support, monitor and improve the systems and processes associated with the co-ordination and administration of non system-based training activities.
- Local training delivery. e.g. Site induction training.
With your expertise in managing and conducting training in a strongly regulated and compliant environment, you can expect to have a fulfilling, diverse career within our Learning and Development organization.
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
Closing date for applications: 25 August 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top