Learning and Development Advisor
- Bachelors Degree in Life or Physical Sciences, Engineering or Instructional Design
- 3 - 6 years working in a cGMP related environment (preferably Biopharm) in a role related to or supporting Quality, Manufacturing or Development.
- 1 - 2 years of training experience, including design, development and delivery of training as well as training administration function with GLMS (Learning Management Systems) administration access.
- OR 5 – 6 years of training experience, including design, development and delivery of training
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle pressure, interruptions and multiple projects.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines with accuracy and confidence.
- Ability to take the initiative and driven by the desire for continuous improvement.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Good communication skills and capable of connecting across boundaries to maintain a customer focused approach.
.•Intermediate to advanced software application skills (Captivate, MS Project, Excel, Visio, Word, Power Point and video editing programs), as needed
Bachelors - Life or Physical Sciences, Engineering or Instructional Design
- Good communication skills and customer focus.
- Positive proactive attitude, ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good understanding of the GLMS and functionality to support learning.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
The purpose of this role is to support the existence of a compliant and robust learning and development program at the Rockville BioPharm site to manufacture quality products in a safe manner. The role will partner with key stakeholders to support their employee's capability and competency building in technical, compliance, business skills and leadership to enable delivery of our strategic objectives. This role is responsible for leading the delivery of key learning and development initiatives, conducting training, and leading the development and improvement of training materials based on capability needs with site SME (subject matter experts) and stakeholders. Additionally, this role will engage with the global service departments in Organization Capability and Learning for training administration, development, coordination and support.
Job Description-Learning Advisor
- Drive site training compliance through the development of tools, metrics, and communication.
- Lead collaboration with site customers and perform learning/skill gap analysis to identify capability needs with SME input while applying adult learning principles, standard tools, procedures and project management skills.
- Develop and lead capability building programs & learning strategy projects that promote training consistency and effectiveness; including learner needs tracking, curricula improvements, new hire training, train the trainer, pre-campaign learning needs assessments, evaluation strategy, etc.
- Conduct Trainer the Trainer courses for staff that perform on the job training (OJT)
- Roll-out new and coordinate on-going capability building programs and support timely completion
- Manage the Site Learning Zone
- Execute basic & advanced training, while applying trainer skills
- Coordinate training with SME trainers
- Support learners to understand global learning requirements, learning management practices or learning systems.
- Support the execution of learning evaluation strategy and measurement of effectiveness of learning interventions to drive improvements or fill training gaps/needs identified.
- Benchmark within the GL&D organization and outside of the organization to identify learning and development best practices.
- Acquire MyLearning administration access to record learning, schedule and run reports, at minimum
- Support the site with internal and external compliance and regulatory audits
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top