Lead of Process & Systems –Senior Project Mgr
- University Degree: Economic, Business Management Master, Computer Science or equivalent. Specialisation: Capacity management, Cost management, Finance, Computer Science
- Min 10 years of experience with relevant experience in transformation programs
- Strong experience in scoping and delivering project
- Experience in managing large teams (internals & consultants)
- Strong understanding of capacity & cost management, benchmarking and predictive analytics. Internet of Things is a plus
- Strong expertise in process reengineering
- Strong stakeholder management in matrix environment
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex processes, systems & data
- Ability to communicate complex matters with simplicity - persuasive with details and facts
- Ability to simplify processes & systems
- Solid problem-solving with ability to challenge assumptions, drive change and improvement
- Ability to interact with a range of functions, cultures and styles to gather and interpret data
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and PowerPoint
Project Management Skills:
- Strong project management and facilitation experience
- Good understanding of project and programme management concepts and techniques
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written adapted to audience (senior management to managers)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Ability to lead with both flexibility and a sense of urgency (high pressure and conflict of priorities)
- Ability to incorporate strategy and organizational considerations
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, to develop credibility with colleagues within and outside GSK.
- Possesses excellent English language written and verbal communication skills. French and/or Italian are a plus
- Job+ coach is a plus
A key success factor to GSK Vaccines to remain the world's leading provider of vaccination is profitable growth by achieving a sustainable and competitive cost base. Optimization of human resources and external project expenses will allow RDLT to reduce overall spending and increase productivity.
The purpose of the Lead of Process & Systems is to ensure all R&D managerial processes, data, systems are up to date and to lead structural transformation projects to enable the team to support R&D ambition to better plan & utilize the R&D resources to deliver the pipeline of projects on time.
Processes in scope
Plan effort & cost, identify resources bottlenecks, establish scenarios and transversal impact analysis to mitigate bottlenecks, visualize impacts of acceleration or change of priorities with the ultimate goal to support decision making across R&D
Secure focus of people by ensure time tracking and report on resource utilization on R&D activities
Ease stage gate project budget preparation by planning effort & cost cording to project scenarios prior to governance
Provide benchmarking & insights of data, by establishing a benchmarking and analytics capabilities
Systems in scope
Planisware is an advanced multi-project and multi-user project management tool. It enables the management of the entire 'product' lifecycle process from the initial idea to the release of a product. (Manage project plan, scope &schedule). The tool will also be used to do capacity management across the entire R&D organization and to establish project/portfolio budget
SAP PS Radar enables the management of the non-clinical ' External Project Expenditure (EPE) ' lifecycle process (creation of activity, allocation of EPE). It contains the inventory of activities for our timetracking process
SAP CATS enables the management of our time recording from entire R&D population
SAP PS Eclipse enables the management of the clinical ' External Project Expenditure (EPE) ' lifecycle process
SAP eSBB (electronic Study Budget Breakdown) enables the forecasting of clinical fees per local operating company, the estimation of inter-company fair market value, the creation of contract and is as well our clinical fees benchmarking tool
GrantPlan & eTrack Finance enables the forecasting of clinical fees per local operating company based in US, Latam, India, the estimation of inter-company fair market value, the creation of contract and is as well our clinical fees benchmarking tool. Information is reported back in eSBB for consolidation purposes
Additional systems to conduct benchmarking & analytics might be added
This role is strategic as all above mentioned processes & systems need to be defined or redesigned to sustain R&D ambition. The difficulty of the role is to transform processes, data and systems while facing an important legacy and having to align many partners (R&D, HR, Finance, Procurement, IT). It is as well expected to set up standards of quality to manage our processes, data & systems and to establish analytical capabilities.
The position required management of a global team made of managers and consultants.
The Lead of Process & Systems main responsibilities will be to
- Ensure team properly maintains our systems, manages incidences, change requests and implements required upgrades in closed collaboration with IT. Ensure all documentation is up to date (PDD, URS, SATP, training materials) and compliant with IT standards
- Ensure team defines & implements governance for our master data across processes & systems: libraries, role & EPE mapping, drivers…
- Ensure (re-) design & implementation of all processes, business rules, data and RACI that support R&D decisions in terms of resource management:
oCapacity planning: effort & EPE planning for all vaccines projects and for non-project activities and identification of bottlenecks
oCapacity allocation: running of impact assessment to simulate acceleration/delay of project or activities, set up of process to enable sourcing strategy decision (internal/external execution)
oCapacity utilization: effort tracking
- Lead definition of vision in terms of predictive analytics to predict evolution of effort and cost. Set up analytical capabilities within the group
- Lead definition of a vision in terms of effort & cost benchmarking (internal-external) for entire R&D, bringing innovative solutions as Internet of Things
- Ensure proper execution of all business and IT projects that will support redesigned processes and integrated capacity planning systems. This includes writing of project charters, PDD, URS, SATP, training material, preparation of steering committees, …
- Ensure coherence and integration of all processes & systems
- Manage & lead the team of 7-15 persons, internal & externals, according to GSK leadership expectations (incl. HR performance assessment cycle for employees and managers, whiteboards, communication, travel budget, risk management…)
- Report effectively to the head of Capacity Planning & Analytics: status report, risk escalation, KPIs…
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top