Lead Latin America Health Shared Service - Director of Health and Productivity
This position have a flexible location across Latin America.
Our People, Health and Wellbeing and Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) strategies are characterized by turning GSK's mission inward to help employees 'do more, feel better, live longer'. We work in partnership with departments all across GSK to build a healthy, resilient, high performing workforce. We strive for zero harm to our people and the environment by partnering with business leaders to ensure the best work environment; creating safe workspaces, and reducing risks and adverse impact. Reduce risk and environmental impact while achieving a safe, healthy workplace.
As a member of this team YOU will develop, manage and deliver an effective and integrated shared Employee Health Service to Latin America business;
YOU will provide consultative site support, health and productivity counsel to GSK management, mentor and develop health staff regionally, and implement key health programmes in Latin America;
YOU will also be responsible for providing regional/local input and expertise into globally significant issues/programme development;
As our Director of Health and Productivity YOU will be responsible to ensure adequate coordination with key site partners (eg Line Management, EHS, HR) and support to the GSK Latin America sites/businesses.
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, the main of these are:
- YOU will contract with all businesses and monitor the quality and impact of the shared medical service.
- Champion employee health & productivity in the EHS culture throughout Latam aiming to integrate into all operations and activities
- YOU will develop strategies to deliver step change improvements in EHS performance YOU will ensure issues are escalated to HR leadership, EHS Council and RMCB (Risk Management Customer Boards) as required.
- Additionally, Identify and assess key health drivers of decreased productivity, design and implement programes to address these.
- YOU will develop consistent policies and standards for Employee Health in alignment with GSK's global EHS framework and support embedding the implementation in Latin America
- Finally, YOU will develop appropriate health related elements to site, country, and regional emergency response/business continuity plans
In order to achieve this, we are looking for professionals with the following characteristics:
- Medical doctor with a degree recognized in home country and Latin America region.
- Experience of occupational health in an international or multinational environment. Preferably in pharmaceutical or chemical industries or other related industries.
- Regional experience above different countries, across Latin America.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Leadership and coaching experience.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
However, if you have the following, it would be a plus:
- Master's in Public Health or Occupational Health or equivalent, desirable.
- Fluency in Spanish & Portuguese.
If you feel like this is your next career move, please apply up to August 25th.
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer.
In over 150 countries, and 300 years of history, GSK has a deep commitment to improving healthcare by developing innovative new medicines and widening access around the world.
We research and develop a broad range of innovative products, such as vaccines, medicines and consumer healthcare products, including: Sensodyne, CataflamPro/ Voltaren, Trimedal, Parodontax, ENO, Fisiogel, Sunmax and others.
GSK Employees are known to work across boundaries, so you will enjoy the benefits of being part of a diverse multicultural and multifunctional team, getting inspired through Drive Performance and a healthy and inclusive environment. We are known to have a positive mindset and always Live by Our Values, so here you will be very proud to do the right thing for patients.
Being a GSK employee allows you to challenge and to change by improving the way we do business, and impacting the way we Develop our own Capability and Talent. At GSK you will achieve your career ambitions through your personal and professional development.
With a commitment to integrity and respect for people you will work in an inclusive, sustainable and healthy environment, getting inspired by making the difference and playing an important role on the benefit of millions of patients and consumer worldwide.
Find out what life at GSK is really like www.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top