Lead Expert Packaging-Primary Pack to Dispatch Engineering
University Degree in Engineering (process or mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automation)
Experience and proven technical and leadership skills managing the design, delivery and support of complex engineering systems and/or production or new product introduction within Pharmaceutical or FMCG industries and/or production or new product introduction within the Pharmaceutical industry.
A proven understanding of pharmaceutical or FMCG processing, EHS and cGMPs; validation;
Technical experience of the critical links between business process, data, validation, and systems.
Business and Technical expertise in leading teams across multiple sites, e.g. for management or project delivery.
Broad Knowledge and experience to understand the links and identification / management of risks between the Business, Technical, Operational and Support aspects of program delivery.
- Commercial acumen in equipment and engineering service dealings.
- Experience and knowledge of project and system life cycles.
BSc or advanced degree in Engineering
Site or regional leadership team experience
Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience; Black Belt or Green Belt desirable
As the SME of Primary Pack to Distribution, you will provide leadership and strategic direction to GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply ( GMS) in driving robust compliance and performance improvement through standardisation. Scope includes design, delivery and lifecycle support of GMS facilities, equipment and engineering.
Location - GSK House, Brentford UK is preferred, but will consider applicants from outside the UK.
- Provides engineering and technical direction, input, support & advice to GMS (Procurement, Technical, Site Engineering teams, GCP), regarding facilities, utilities and equipment at GMS factories, supporting their work with contractors and suppliers.
- Influences the strategy, selection, architecture and integration of Engineering contractors, systems, facilities, utilities, and equipment across the GMS supply chain. Ensures the required technical and mandatory Engineering knowledge are embedded.
- Supports Compliance through input and participation in GSK TP-13 audits.
Promotes, leads and collaborates the development and implementation of Standards of site Engineering business processes, equipment, facilities and engineering IT systems.
- Oversees the development of internal and external capability to match the business requirements for Engineering support and intervention.
- Works with 3rd parties including part of commercial negotiations and technical developments and clarifications.
Builds and maintains a strong business and technical link with leads in Pharma Sites, other GMS central Engineering areas ; other Functions; EFM; Compliance) and external bodies such as ISPE to maintain currency of technical know-how.
- Interfaces and builds robust partnerships across GSK (WREF, IT, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality functions, Sites) to deliver Engineering technical expertise and support; reveals and solves problems across the business in managing these expectations.
- Ensures the team receives the necessary training and experience to operate as Subject Matter expert (SME) with the key principles of the GPS framework and to advance within the GPS maturity roadmap. Embeds performance management systems to insure both Lead and Lag measures actively track progress to the agreed functional targets and problem-solve issues as necessary. Uses GEMBA / ZAP¨S to reveal problems and support the definition of appropriate target conditions.
- Develops and challenges investment plans and strategies aligned to area of expertise:
- A champion of Standardisation initiatives, collaborating to develop, prioritise and implement standards ensuring that compliance, performance and cost effectiveness are balanced.
- Anticipate potential risks with the engineering scope or business proposal, based on knowledge of the process or equipment technology.
- Provide strategic advice in acquisitions, due diligence, business integration, and site development to reduce the risk associated with the equipment that GMS acquires.
- Champion new organisational approaches for teams to complete engineering design
Manages 2 direct reports
Role will be posted through 9/29/17. Position starts
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application. Please take a personal copy of the Job description as this will be unavailable for viewing after the closing date listed above.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top