Key Accounts Manager
– Graduate with a Bachelor's Degree; Business related course is a plus
– 2 to 3 years in a sales management position
– Demonstrated leadership ability
– Exposure to a FMCG sales structure
– Analytical and problem solving skills
– Financial Acumen
– Exposure to Project Management
To drive sound long term decision-making in dealing with specific Key Account issues, constantly reviewing and tracking Customer Plans, ensuring achievement of objectives in line with commercial objectives and directives from the Regional Sales Manager.
– Understands and identifies opportunities within their specific key account and translate them it into business programs that would deliver sustainable growth as aligned with company objectives
– Understands the implications of various competitor dynamics, its effect to the business and the viable mitigation plans to support GSK's commercial objectives in partnership with the specific key account.
– Understands the complexity in working with a large key account and proactively engages the assigned account to improve sales and ensure the continuity of commercial contracts.
– Manages the trade investment and promotional planning for the account in order to work towards win-win situations that are in line with profitability and sales targets.
– Gathers and analyses insight from the market and works with other commercial functions to translate this to specific initiatives to improve the business with the key account.
– Implements and monitors the various initiatives within his assigned key account group.
– Ensures attainment of sales fundamentals
– Share of Shelf
– Distribution Targets
– Merchandising Objectives
– Product Assortment
– Ensures visibility to the Regional Key Account Manager the implementation status of strategic initiatives
– Manage the financial exposure of the company on assigned Key Accounts, together with the Regional Key Account Manager
– Implements nationwide activities as defined by the Sales and Marketing Activity Calendar to the specific customer
– Regularly engages the assigned account in order to establish long term mutually beneficial partnerships.
– Provides category insights, market direction, focus points to retailers to bring incremental growth to both GSK and the assigned account (e.g. how to use this on our partnership, where the market is going, how and why to focus on this, drive by insight and in partnership with customer)
– Actively works with other GSK functions (i.e. Marketing, Trade Marketing, and Supply Chain) to deliver on key account sales execution strategies in alignment with promotional plans, trade spend budgets and sales initiative implementation guidelines.
– Coordinates closely with other Channels to ensure the synergy of sales operations and distribution; and Trade Marketing (alongside the TPA) to help provide superior business support to the specific plans and tactics
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top