Key Account Specialist, Immunology
- 4 year BA/BS degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 8 years sales experience, with 5+ years in one or more of the following:
- Specialty product experience (i.e. buy and bill)
- Medical/Academic center sales
- Rare Disease
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which will include overnight and/or weekend travel. (Territory size contains multiple states)
- Motor Vehicle Record Requirements
- Current license is valid.
- No citation and/or conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs or driving while impaired within the past five years.
- 2 or less moving violations or collisions within the current 24-month period.
- MBA, MPH, PharmD, Nursing degree, Clinical Case Management Degree and/or certifications
- Role will require strong account management acumen and strong scientific acumen, based on dynamics at major treatment centers within COEs and based on interaction with national thought-leaders.
- Rheumatology (i.e. Vasculitis and Lupus), Thought Leader management, Account management in Hospital or Medical Center environment
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Click here to find out how you can help people do more, feel better and live longer!
The primary duty of the Key Account Specialist is to provide dedicated focus to a specific group of accounts and HCPs primarily in Centers of Excellence (COEs), including Key External Experts (KEEs), other treating HCPs, Nurses, Hospital Personnel (pharmacy, etc.), Office Managers, etc. The KAS will be responsible for effectively representing GSK products and support in identified treatment centers, providing education to HCPs and staff about GSK products in appropriate patients and providing education and information about available patient support programs. The KAS will establish and maintain relationships with KEEs in accounts, providing feedback to GSK on needs and insights, and triaging for needed support from other individuals within GSK. The KAS will also have responsibility for education with community based physicians and accounts that refer to targeted Academic and Treatment Centers. Key Account Specialists will be Level 1 trained, and promote products in Key Academic and Treatment Centers. This role will require very strong clinical acumen, account management acumen and patient focus.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top