Key Account Manager (GSK Pharmaceutical)
Key Account Management is a solution driven approach which optimizes outcomes in complex patient, customer and GSK environments by building long term, collaborative business partnerships. The Key Account Manager is responsible for delivering value to customers and GSK in their accounts and responsibly managing the relationship between GSK and the respective contacts in those accounts.
The Key Responsibilities for this role includes:
• Develop and maintain competitive advantages for GSK in designated accounts.
• Leverage resources within GSK to deliver the best results in designated accounts.
• Be an expert on account decision making processes and stakeholders (and the structures behind these), which have an impact on GSK products and target the right stakeholders at the right time.
• Establish a clear partnership with the account (s) that delivers a win-win for the patients, the customers and GSK.
• Effectively share account knowledge / insight back within GSK (The KAM is the voice of GSK in their accounts and the voice of their accounts in GSK).
• Utilize value propositions to effectively drive commercial success of GSK and its brands.
• Identify and implement Market Access, Demand and Supply opportunities as required.
• Understands the wider healthcare system and leading practices and can anticipate future account and customer goals and communicate these effectively within GSK.
• Effectively aligns cross functional teams on key customer needs, account objectives and the resulting implementation plan.
• Is an expert in and an advocate of Patient Focused Selling and all aspects of Competitive Selling.
• Ideally has previous experience of work experience within the pharmaceutical industry or in related commercial areas e.g. Business to Business.
• Previous key account management or Sales Leadership experience desirable either within the pharmaceutical industry or outside of pharmaceutical e.g. FMCG.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong team-working skills - able to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
• Strong project management skills and well organized.
• Strong influencing skills.
• The ability to align cross functional teams both internally and within accounts.
• The ability to influence without direct authority i.e. outside of a line management responsibility.
• Strong negotiation and objection handling skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications skill
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
At GSK Pharmaceuticals, we are changing the face of healthcare. We are involved in research, development and manufacturing of medicines for a variety of serious and chronic diseases, with market leading products for; Respiratory; Anti-Viral, Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular and Urogenital; Anti-Bacterial; Oncology; and HIV.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top