Key Account Manager Consumer Healthcare NL
• To successfully manage & lead a portfolio of key accounts within the Consumer Health Care - Sales business.
• Overall responsibility - Daily management of a portfolio of key accounts.
• Financial Management - Delivery on sales, profit, customer investment and margin through full P&L management.
• Market Share - Delivery on market share targets
• Strategic Account Planning & Account Development - To recognize and prioritize the key business development opportunities, risks and strategies that will maximize sales and profitability of each of the accounts within the portfolio.
• Execution - Create and execute strategies for category development across accounts, guided by market dynamics, channel segmentation and channel strategy. Oversees alignment to overall channel (and total sales retail channel) customer plans and executes appropriately. Lead identification of new initiatives for implementation.
• Joint Business Planning - Fully engaged in the business planning cycle. Assess and understand the key drivers of sales and profit growth. Provide framework for specific activity across portfolio of accounts. In accordance with annual business planning process.
• Account planning - Ensure appointed retailers are fully represented and have input into commercial process.
• Analytical - Develops overall conclusions regarding accounts, markets, and competitive business results, using complex data from multiple sources. This requires proficiency in the use and interpretation of syndicated (e.g. AC Nielsen, TNS, GFK) and/or proprietary information and databases. The findings are used to identify opportunities and forecast results.
• External Collaboration - In the lead for driving the trading relationship with customers.
• Negotiation - Lead the customer negotiation, develop customer negotiation strategies and framework, operating to minimize exposure and maximize return.
• Pro-active - autonomous
• Language skills: mother tongue Dutch and good knowledge of English
• Education: Bachelor - Master (preferred) in Marketing or Economics
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
• Relevant commercial experience, preferably within the FMCG environment
• Business commercial knowledge and market understanding to provide leadership of accounts both internally and externally.
• Working understanding of marketing, supply chain and financial management to ensure seamless cross functional working.
• Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities within accounts.
• An understanding of Grocery, Drugstore and discounter marketplace
• Understanding and insight into Category Management principles.
• Understanding of Sales and forecasting processes
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employee
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top