Key Account Manager, Consumer Healthcare
- Bachelor degree with a preference for a Masters degree in management,
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in a reputed multinational Company in sales or account management,
- Strong communication skills and command of the English language,
- Having "Strong" performance and above rating in the last PDP for internal candidates
- Proven track record in managing and winning major opportunities in key accounts,
- Good knowledge of marketing and brand plans,
- Good grasp of distribution and logistics management,
- Management of budgets and understanding of financial and legal regulations,
- Account Management
- To build and maintain customer relationship and customer-supplier network to ensure effective partnerships at commercial & operational level,
- Negotiating and settling down trade terms and conditions, signing and complying annual and/or periodic agreements,
- Taking responsibility for managing existing accounts and identifying new business opportunities within those named accounts and new potential clients,
- To develop and execute account strategy in line with company objectives & plans,
- To visit customers in responsibility on a regular basis to develop and manage client relationship,
- Organizing Top to Top business reviews with key accounts to improve top line alignment and customer intimacy,
- To closely monitor & improve service level for KA customers,
- Sales Management
- To deliver volume, value, trade spending, collection, execution and fast listing targets for Key Accounts under his/her responsibility,
- To design and implement account plans based on growth forecasts, market opportunities, development potential and fit with strategy to achieve overall delivery of sales and profit targets,
- Ensuring promotion program compliance in POS and for key accounts under his/her responsibility.
- Managing KA representative team, to ensure shelf quality , merchandising visibility and category management objectives are put into practice.
- Sales Forecasting
- Taking responsibility for providing accurate mothly and annual sales forecast for each customer on sku, unit & value basis in order to attain growth, service level, on shelf availability, distribution, inventory & working capital targets,
- Establish effective internal relationships and processes with Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Technical Departments in variety of locations in order to maintain superior customer service levels. Ensure proactive improvement programmes are in place and executed,
- Promotional Planning & Execution
- In charge of developing business plans to deliver turnover, volume and share goals. Planning , negotiating and implementing the promotional program,
- Monitoring sales performance and promotional plan compliance, taking action in regular meetings with the customers and KA representatives,
- Planning and executing new product / category launches. Communicating trade bundles and the selling story to ensure an effective and speed to market start.
- Business Monitoring and Reporting
- Business monitoring including; promotional program compliance, distribution, Orange Store objectives,
- Regulary reporting key account performance, gain & loss analysis on category & sku basis,
- Reporting (P&L) trade spending, collection, activity calendar, distribution, new store opening figures for key accounts.
- KA Representative & Merchandiser Management
- Updating sales force and merchandising teams with the latest objectives and strategies on periodic meetings,
- To set & monitor standards, targets for execution excellence for Key Account Representatives
- Training, setting objectives for and monitoring business results of the KA Reps. Providing regular feedback in order to improve their skills and competency.
- Budgeting and Trade Spending Management
- Planning, negotiating and agreement on trade terms and conditions with the customers,
- To design, execute and keep track of a promotional program, that delivers Gross to Net targets.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top