Key Account Manager
- To ensure that the annual sales target by Value and Volume for each account or a set of Distributors is achieved as per the annual targets agreed with the line manager.
- To ensure that the merchandising objectives, as agreed by the Sales and Brand team in the periodic review meetings for the brand are achieved by proper presentations to accounts and subsequently implemented in - store, by the field team. Measurement by field audits.
- To analyst the Brands Sales trends with each Customer and agree promotional strategy with Trade marketing to ensure that the periodic Volume objectives are met.
- To effectively negotiate and optimize, GSK's Trade-Marketing spends for each account, to improve the profit contribution of each account or a group of accounts as the case maybe. Effective apportionment, phasing and control of trade support budget.
- To ensure accurate Sales Forecasting of brands with each account is achieved on a monthly basis
- To manage the accounts stocks - in store and In warehouse - to ensure GSK's products are sufficiently stocked at all times to serve the customer's requirements promptly.
- To Achieve product/SKU listings with the account(s), as agreed with Line management on time as documented by the marketing launch plan.
To implement Brand promotions in line with GSK's trade promotion plan for the channel
- To develop Account plan, including Trading Terms, and Promotional Activity for assigned accounts with a focus on timeliness.
- To maintain an awareness of and provide feedback of all competitive activity.
- To develop and implement innovative and effective trade promotion strategies that help in achieving ambitious targets with each account or Distributor, and creating good visibility for the Companies products with each account or territory.
- To understand the Customer thoroughly in order to anticipate and satisfy customers changing needs through differentiated and value added Customer Service and Care initiatives.
- To provide comments on Trade Developments and serve as the Customer's advocate within SB to ensure that the company is constantly aligned to Customers.
- To conduct half-yearly and annual Business Reviews with the assigned Customer accounts to improve performance and develop SB business with the Account.
- To achieve effective working relations with Key Customer Contacts and Decision-makers - to ensure that SB is aligned to meet current and anticipate the Customer's future needs. Develop customer contacts strategy using - worksheet 2.4 of SS&P
- To liase with the Senior Management of the Customer, in order to, build a good transparent business relationship with the Customer.
- To ensure that the business is conducted as per the norms laid down by the company. To Ensure that all margins, delivery schedules, credit terms and concessions to the Regional/Global accounts, that fundamentally affect the cost base, are agreed with the Line manager. To implement SB's pricing policy with the accounts.
Timely maintenance of account fact book(s).
- To undertake regular field visits to monitor stock levels and displays, to build a positive relationship at the store level: observe and gauge consumer response and purchase patterns within the store.
- To timely communicate, through a monthly report, the opportunities, competitors' activities and threats, progress of brands, trade marketing programs vs objectives, key achievements, learning for the month, and future plans.
- Supervise, motivate and co-ordinate third party merchandising agency to ensure the optimal deployment of merchandisers against the sales profile of the stores - within the account. Ensure that implementation of distribution, display, pricing and promotional activities as agreed with the account - are completed in a timely fashion.
Qualifications & Experience: (List the education/training, experiences and skills/competencies.)
- Experience: (List the education/training, experiences and skills/competencies.)
- Bachelors degree and/or Master degree
3 - 5 years experience as a Sales Executive/ FMCG - Supermarket / Big C / Makro / Boot
- Professional selling, negotiation and computer skills
Market and Sales analysis
- Good communication skills - written and oral
- Proven analytical thinker
- Full understanding of OTC and/or FMCG markets
- Trained in best practice selling skills
- Full knowledge of major multiple (grocery, and/or pharmacy) operations
- Proven presentation skills
- Proven experience in motivating leading 3rd party agencies
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our 3 global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top