Key Account Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Key Account Manager under our Consumer Healthcare Business Unit. This role is responsible to deliver sales objectives as cascaded down from the 3/1 plan in terms of Sales, Merchandising and Commercial within the assigned Modern Trade channel.
• Responsible for developing Joint Business Plans with identifies strategic accounts to deliver sustainable and profitable growth and sales target achievement
• Responsible for working with customers to deliver Visibility KPIs of both numeric and weighted distribution plus share of shelf / sku / across categories
• To ensure that the annual sales target by Value and Volume for an assigned account is achieved as per the agreed annual targets
• To ensure that the merchandising objectives, as agreed by the Sales and Brand team in the periodic review meetings for the brand are achieved by proper presentations to accounts and subsequently implemented in - store, by the field team. Measurement by field audits.
• To analyze the Brands Sales trends with each Customer and agree promotional strategy with Trade marketing to ensure that the periodic Volume objectives are met.
• To optimize Trade-Marketing spends for an assigned account, to improve the profit contribution of each account or a group of accounts as the case maybe. Effective apportionment, phasing and control of trade support budget.
• To ensure accurate Sales Forecasting of brands with each account is achieved on a monthly basis
• To manage the accounts stocks - in store and in warehouse - to ensure GSK's products are sufficiently stocked at all times to serve the customer's requirements promptly.
• To achieve product/SKU listings with the account(s), as agreed with Line management on time as documented by the marketing launch plan.
• To implement Brand promotions in line with GSK's trade promotion plan for the channel
• To develop and implement innovative and effective trade promotion strategies that help in achieving ambitious targets with each account and creating good visibility for the Companies products with each account or territory.
• To understand the Customer thoroughly in order to anticipate and satisfy customers changing needs through differentiated and value-added Customer Service and Care initiatives.
• To conduct half-yearly and annual Business Reviews with the assigned Customer accounts to improve performance and develop GSK business with the Account.
• To achieve effective working relations with Key Customer Contacts and Decision-makers - to ensure that GSK is aligned to meet current and anticipate the Customer's future needs.
• To liaise with the Senior Management of the Customer, in order to, build a good transparent business relationship with the Customer.
• To ensure that the business is conducted as per the norms laid down by the company. To Ensure that all margins, delivery schedules, credit terms and concessions to the Regional/Global accounts, that fundamentally affect the cost base, are agreed with the Line manager. To implement GSK's pricing policy with the accounts.
• To undertake regular field visits to monitor stock levels and displays, to build a positive relationship at the store level: observe and gauge consumer response and purchase patterns within the store.
• Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in managing key account within FMCGs
• Professional Selling Skills
• Negotiation skills
• Computer Skills
• Market and Sales Analysis
• Presentation skill
• Proven analytical thinker
• Trained in best practice selling skills
• Proven experience in managing key account
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK, we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
At Consumer Healthcare, we bring products to millions of people across three categories - Oral Health, Wellness, Nutrition and Skin Health. Many of our brands such as Panadol, Scott's, Sensodyne and Horlicks are familiar around the world. Our brands have been carefully made available to build consumers' trust and loyalty, through maintaining the highest standards in safety and efficacy, whilst bringing new innovations to the market place.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top