IT Trainee, Network Security
We are a team of IT experts, who provide excellent services for GSK sites worldwide on a daily basis. As a part of a global healthcare company, we work in a multinational environment, support around 100 000 GSK employees and over 20 000 systems in the entire company. At present, at our office in Poznan, we employ about 700 highly-skilled professionals.
Main business areas supported by GSK IT are: Cyber security, Research & Development, CRM applications, Mobile Applications, drug production monitoring.
This position is part of a global team which provides incident response, problem resolution, problem management and support services (i.e. break/fix) for the GSK Global Perimeter Security Services in accordance with GSK business processes and service level requirements.
This person will be part of a team accountable for the day to day global operational support for Perimeter Security Services.
The Perimeter Security team works with:
• Checkpoint & Palo Alto Hardware (Firewalls)/Software
• Cisco Routers & Switches
• F5 LTM/GTM load balancers
• McAfee Web gateways
• Bluecoat SSL decryptors
If you are interested in the technologies above, you should apply for the internship. We can offer you gaining deep knowledge about, i.e. firewalls, networks, SSL decryption, Proxy servers and many, many others. You can also work with flexible schedule, use free parking and company canteen and build a career at one of the leading global healthcare companies.
• Provide day to day Incident/Problem Management for the GSK Perimeter infrastructure.
• Provision standard incident, request, change, release and other operational processes.
• Manage and fulfill user requests in a timely manner and in accordance with established metrics and have the ability to meet request fulfillment task and operate within SLA time frames.
• Support cost effective, reliable tiered commodity services, measured through service level and technical management processes.
• Coordinate with internal and external service providers to deliver mission critical service to defined SLAs.
• Leverage Lean Sigma methodologies and voice of the customer processes to service excellence and continuous service improvement.
• Engage in urgent high priority conference calls and investigate major service impacting issues (SWAT calls).
• General IT Knowledge
• Interest in network technologies - Firewalls, Software Defined Networks, routers and switches
• Interest in firewall industry including anti-spoofing, intrusion detection systems, stateful inspection, URL filtering, anti-malware
• Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
• Basic understanding of ITIL service management framework
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
Employment type: contract of mandate, maximum 35h per week.
You are invited to submit your CV with the motivational letter in English using the "Apply now" button.
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top