IT Specialist, Cyber Security (GSK IT)
- Strong interest in computer security, willingness to learn new techniques and technologies
- Interest or background in one of the following: Windows security, Linux administration, networking, scripting (python, bash etc.), networking technologies and protocols (including TCP/IP)
- Knowledge and understanding of information security risks, preventative measures, and incident and threat management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Professional, moral attitude that builds strong working relationships with team members and customers. Ability to collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Information Security certification (e.g. GIAC, CISSP) is a plus
- Provide computer security incident response including monitoring, detection, investigation, and lessons learned. Assess and prioritize incidents based on business impact and escalate as necessary.
- Research and analyze security threat intelligence from a variety of sources. Apply appropriate mitigations for identified indicators of compromise. Suggest changes to security controls as needed to adapt to the changing threat landscape.
- Conduct computer forensics investigations including malware sample analysis, memory analysis, network traffic analysis, and imaging and analysis of hard disk drives.
- Actively contribute to information security projects and initiatives.
- Communicate and manage relationships and with end users, IT service providers (both internal and external), and business unit and IT management.
- Take ownership of service improvement projects (both technical and procedural).
- Be available to provide on call support on a rotational basis.
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
You are invited to submit, until August 7, your CV with the motivational letter in English using the "Apply now" button.
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top