IT Specialist, Application Support (GSK IT)
- Can demonstrate customer management skills having the ability to drive outcomes & manage customer expectations,
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to listen and influence stakeholders,
- Experience or eagerness to learn Live Chat/Chat Bot/AI technologies,
- Application development experience using Microsoft.NET Framework with C#,
- SQL Server database knowledge.
Chat services comprises of two online chat systems supporting internal and external customers. Live Chat (internal) is a real-time chat application which enables customers to have an online conversation to obtain information and help related to IT, HR, Procurement, Finance and Facilities. Click-To-Chat (C2C) is used to connect with external customers in real time, to address their unsolicited questions regarding our products. Key features include text and video chat, screen/file/webpage sharing, and chat transfer. C2C ensures a positive customer experience whether the customer is at their desktop, utilising a tablet, or on their smartphone.
We are seeking an IT Specialist within Chat Services. As a member of Global Support Functions (GSF IT) you will be responsible for providing support for both chat services. As part of a young, growing team you will learn new technologies, and develop the technical skills, and business knowledge to deliver a world class service to GSK. You will receive training and support in the technologies required for this role.
This support channel is used globally by GSK employees, Healthcare Professionals, Patients and Consumers. The technology enables GSK to provide the support our customers need at a time that is convenient. To enhance this service we combine real-time chat technology with artificial intelligence to automate our internal and external processes. This is a fast growing space and demonstrates the commitment by GSK to use technology to provide access to GSK services and products which enable people to do more, feel better and live longer.
- Design and development of solutions to meet business requirements/objectives,
- Technical support for the resolution of complex application/service problems,
- Lead deploying new software updates/fixes and deliver changes that keep the service/tool "state of the art",
- Continuous improvement and simplification of service architecture and infrastructure,
- Continuously improve the service/tool by gaining insights using innovative customer engagement,
- Problem definition, root cause analysis, and solution development utilizing incident and problem management systems ensuring service levels agreements are met,
- Creation of technical specifications and design documentation from business requirements. Documentation must adhere to all GSK standards,
- Responsible for testing, configuration and operational support,
- Software configuration and deployment; all application changes must follow defined business and system change management practices,
- Participation in system and user acceptance testing.
What we offer:
- Training and certificates,
- Supportive atmosphere,
- English in practice,
- Remote work,
- Integration events,
- Stability of employment,
- Sport and recreation package,
- Private medical coverage.
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
You are invited to submit, until September 26, your CV with the motivational letter in English using the "Apply now" button.
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top