IT Service Specialist (Data Management)
Provides diagnosis and resolution of complex problems for GSK Analytical Archive applications (SDMS and OpenLab ECM). The Service Specialist will analyze, recognize, and drive technical change and enhancements which will result in operational simplification, usability improvements, and efficiencies.
Key requirements of the role include:
• To provide expert technical support (L3) including diagnosis of any complex incidents or problems, directly or indirectly, related to the products or interfaces. This may include making the necessary changes required to fix any critical issues or the implementation of workarounds, following agreed change control and governance procedures.
• To interact with the Vendor and other support agencies to provide L3 support, deliver effective change management, and ensure awareness and compliance with GSK and GMS Tech technical and architectural policies and standards
• Work with Business Owners and Business Process Partners (Squads) to develop a broad understanding of the functionality of the applications and the business processes that the products support.
• To lead activities related to component currency changes that affect supported applications.
• To work with various GSK and vendor support groups to understand the technical support required by the products, the technical design, and system architecture/infrastructure.
• Analyze, recognize, and drive technical change and enhancements as part of full lifecycle support for the products.
• To perform the Support Technical Lead role on new projects to provide input into the technical design, strategy and enterprise architecture, to ensure the project follows agreed technical design, and delivers the necessary support documentation.
• To prepare & deliver technical options/recommendations to ensure effective supportability for new and existing products.
• Works with development and support teams to create and maintain configuration baselines, manage the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), and maintain proper version control.
• Proactively communicate with key stakeholders on technical and implementation issues that impact product delivery and support.
• Operate independently or with little guidance to maintain product & information models and technical quality.
You are a passionate IT Service Specialist with the following attributes:
• Technical experience using and supporting a broad range of technologies (e.g. Oracle, Windows Servers, Linux, Citrix).
• Experience in support processes for validated/GxP applications
• Experience of Application Support including use of Incident and Request Management systems
• Skilled at technical problem solving. Understanding problem solving techniques (e.g. 5 Whys, Fishbone diagrams)
• Knowledge and experience of change management, full lifecycle and implementation
• Knowledge and experience of change control and release management
• Self-motivated and the ability to work across squads within the Quality and Labs organization, as well as, multiple business units
• Excellent communication skills including interactions with stakeholders at all levels
• Proven service or continuous service improvement experiences
• Experience supporting applications in a GxP laboratory environment
• Experience with laboratory equipment interfaces
• Knowledge of Lab Systems (e.g. Agilent, Empower, OpenLabECM, Waters Nugenesis SDMS, various LIMS systems)
• Experience with support of Windows Servers, and Relational Databases
• Knowledge of ITIL support methodologies
• Exposure to Service Oriented Architecture
• Use of document management solutions
• Understanding of DevOps concepts, and agile ways of working, including familiarity of common tools (Jira, Kanban boards)
• Familiarity with automated testing platforms
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mssion to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
GSK Business Service Centre, Kuala Lumpur is GSK's first global hub in Asia and will play a key role in GSK's Core Business Services consolidating the organisation's global and regional service delivery in IT, Finance, Employee Services, Indirect Procurement and Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities into an integrated shared service network.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top